Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One Direction Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, May 8, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

One Direction are an English-Irish pop boy band based in London, composed of Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, and previously, Zayn Malik until his departure from the band on 25 March 2015.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

They didn't have a thread???

3. Kiana May 8, 2016
    (Last edited: May 8, 2016)
    Kiana

Honestly I just wanted a place to complain about how my sister said I was dressed like Louis Tomlinson and we didn't have a 1D thread

Also to post about Harry's hair, naturally

4. Kiana

I searched and couldn't find one! I think only Zayn has one for his last album?

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Well shit. Glad we have one now!

I like all their albums to some degree but Four is outstanding.

6. Kiana

I swear we had one because I've discussed One Direction on these forums before and have posted a lot of their videos and it had to be in a thread for them but I can't find one and it's making me feel like I made it up lol

I love FOUR. It's still in constant rotation

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, you know what happened? I think Schlotty made the original thread and then when he left all his created threads were taken down -- which was a big deal, because he made a ton of threads.

I keep thinking I should listen to Made in the A.M. more. I thought it was good to begin with, but I feel like it might click at a different level for me if I just give it more time.

Kiana likes this.
  8. Kiana

oop I think you're right!

I've come to accept Made in the AM more. I never disliked it but it was such a step down from FOUR and I wanted them to go out on a high so I was a lil bitter lol. I really like the bonus tracks on it tho. If they replaced some of the ballads with those I'd find it way stronger.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

What's the nature of their hiatus? Is it like a going to be back soon "hiatus" or more of a breakup?

10. Kiana

Nobody knows! They insist they're coming back but I think it depends on the how well they like their freedom and how successful their solo ventures are. Honestly I can see it going either way. I hope they come back cause their dynamic as a band is why I started liking them in the first place, tho they were looking sad and miserable by the end anyway lol

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

An album a year for five years will do that, heh. Label just ran them into the ground.

12. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

This the thread I've been waiting for.

I've liked all their releases for different reasons, though FOUR definitely seems to be the strongest of their discography. I think Made in the AM is definitely worth more listens. It's a solid record.

I don't know if it's just me, but I have the hardest time knowing who is singing when. Maybe it's just bad speakers/headphones, but I need to follow along with lyrics that state who is singing.

If you're not already doing it, following Niall on snapchat is great. His snapchat gives me life. Also, I probably tweet about wishing I was in One Direction / Niall's best friend probably once every two weeks.

FTank likes this.
  13. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Gotta Be You is one of the best pop songs I've ever heard. 2:08 to 2:52, particularly Zayn's part, is magnificent.

14. Kiana

Throwback to when they weren't dead inside!

Quin Stack likes this.
  15. Kiana

I've heard ppl say it's hard to tell their voices apart but I've never had much trouble, even when I first started getting into them. Harry has a tone that is very pleasant and soothing to me so I always know when it's him. Louis is very... distinctive so I always know when it's him too, for better or worse. I think Niall's tone is different from the other members as well and easy to tell apart. Zayn had one of the strongest voices and often did the high notes. Liam also had one of the best so I could tell him too! Once in a while I get Zayn and Liam mixed up tho.

Quin Stack likes this.
  16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Thread got deleted in the post wipe out from last month.

"Walking In The Wind" still does things to my feelings

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

When did this happen?

18. Kiana

They've been dating for a minute and it's creepy and weird

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Veeeeeery creepy. Ickkkk.

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

When did the phrase "for a minute" start happening and what does it actually mean? Been seeing it pop up

21. Kiana

idk how other ppl use it but I used it as "They've been dating for an amount of time but I am really bad at the concept of the passing of time so it could've been like 6 months ago or two weeks ago so I'll just say a minute since I won't be held to any sort of accuracy"

AelNire likes this.
  22. Kiana

I never noticed that Zayn doesn't even do the dance move what a flop

[​IMG]

23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Are those pelvic thrusts I am seeing?

24. Kiana

Have u never seen the video where Harry is at a hair peak? I watch just for his hair tbh

AelNire likes this.
  25. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Harry's hair was flawless in that era