Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie • Page 78

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. I just preordered!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Wow, didn’t know it was coming out so soon, will be the next book I read

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I want to buy it in an airport.

4. Steve_JustAGuy Jun 28, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2021)
    Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

QT was on the WTF podcast. Pretty good discussion. One interesting nugget was that QT thought he had a three and a half hour movie if he didn't have to make any cuts.

Also pre-ordered the book, so that's exciting.

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Hoping to find the book in stores tomorrow… I got a weekend trip to Boston in a few weeks and I need something to read for the train ride.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  6. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I thought it was interesting how Quentin talked about his retirement, and about how OUATIH possibly being his last movie was overblown. I'm really curious to see what the next 10-20 years of Tarantino look like.

TJ Wells and Fronnyfron like this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah he seemed to treat the whole “retirement” thing as kind of ridiculous, which was kinda surprising tbh.

I am so excited to pick up the book tomorrow.

8. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I mean, he has still been openly saying his next movie will be his last.

Not that he won’t decide to do any other films, but that has been his position, very publicly, for a while.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I think he’ll probably continue writing screenplays and will probably handpick directors to make them.

Of course, being the kind of guy he is, that will only go on for so long before he starts getting the itch to direct again, I’m sure.

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

He seems obsessed with quitting while he’s ahead, but it’s a shame to quit while he’s still doing good shit. And what if his 10th movie turns out to be terrible, is he gona go out on a flop or change his plan?

coleslawed likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah his assertion that if you keep working you inevitably lose your touch just seems untrue, his contemporary the Coen brothers disprove that theory

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've been waiting for reviews to buy the book but I didn't realize how cheap it was gonna be, might do it anyway

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I know the Star Trek thing didn’t pan out, but I would love for him to do a sci fi film or a horror film. Just for my own selfish reasons

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna go see Fast and Furious at the mall today and then pick this up at Barnes and Noble, a real 2005 sentence.

Ken, emojedi, SteveLikesMusic and 9 others like this.
  15. soggytime

Trusted

QT is really out and about promoting this. Both WTF with Marc Maron and now.... Joe Rogan

Victor Eremita likes this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

big picture too

soggytime likes this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Picked it up this afternoon, I didn’t see it in any New Release sections at the store but there were a few copies in the Fiction section. I love that he just went straight to paperback

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Last page of the book

534FA93F-FC8C-4232-B759-BEB8C8780152.jpeg

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Not this shit again

TSLROCKS likes this.
  21. Morrissey

Trusted

The paragraph where she acknowledges that the Bride's outfit is an homage to Bruce Lee and then tries to twist it around is horrifically dishonest.

sophos34 and phaynes12 like this.
  22. Driving2theBusStation Jul 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2021)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Only thing I have left to add on that is I think, like several moments in his films, in addition to being a neat pop culture trivia reference (to a moment between Bruce and Gene Lebell), the Cliff Booth/Bruce Lee scene and Tarantino's commentary on it are mostly just designed to put audience's heart, critical thinking skills and historical perspective to the test. I always felt it's more cerebral than it seems at face value, and the online reactions are kinda proving this to be the case.

sophos34 likes this.
  23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Cant wait for my book to arrive. Was gonna grab it the other day at a local store and some dickhead just beat me to the punch and snagged the last one haha

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Reading the novel, I just got through the part where it explains how Cliff came about getting his dog Brandy - damn, did not expect it to go the way it did, haha

25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

yea the book basically has his character be a serial killer