Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie • Page 75

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Look at the big brains on Brett!

coleslawed and the rural juror like this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's a basic choice but I think Kill Bill is still my favorite

coleslawed, joe.boy.fresh. and SpyKi like this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Adore vol2, but both of them are too uneven imo to be the top tier.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I can't even describe to you all the endless number of times I've had to argue with friends about why Jackie Brown is a great movie and one of QT's best. So frustrating.

I'd probably put OUATIH at #3 behind Basterds and Pulp Fiction, at this point. Probably have Kill Bill at #4 and then Jackie Brown at 5.

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

It plays The Meters, case closed.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Jackie Brown is one of his best for sure. Basterds is still a tier above the rest in my opinion though. Need to give this a rewatch.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Got into a brief argument with someone on an Insta cinema page; stated how this film is my favorite, out of the eight Oscar films I saw last year, and was basically personally attacked by some dude for "only" seeing eight films last year, for thinking OUAT is the best QT film, when in his opinion it's clearly the worst. This guy then tried to show how big his dick was by saying he's seen over 2000 films in his life, insinuating that this makes his thinking/opinion clearly superior to mine. Eventually had to block him because he was making my blood boil. Had to remind myself this is why I stopped arguing on the internet years ago, haha.

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Lol what a cool guy on Instagram.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

People arguing on the internet continuously reminds me of this

[​IMG]

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Guilty

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Attached Files:

12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I was just about to look for this gif lol

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Just watched this a fourth time; just as good as the 1st

14. I don’t think there’s a weak film in his filmography. I’ll include True Romance, Natural Born Killers and From Dusk To Dawn in that conversation, as well.

riotspray and Fronnyfron like this.
  15. Driving2theBusStation Jun 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2020)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Did the Netflix extended cut get delayed or was it tossed in the same bin with The Vega Bros, Star Trek, and that Bounty Law series he fooled the press into thinking he would make?

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

probably the latter but there’s zero way of knowing lol. we wouldn’t find out about it until it was done.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Watched this for the second time, and yeah it’s probably one of my favorite films to come out the last 2-3 years. Also restored my faith in QT. It has so much heart. Great mix of social commentary for the golden age of Hollywood, humor, and genuine dread at times. That whole section at Spahn ranch is really tension filled.

Ricks freak out in his trailer made me chuckle quite hard on my rewatch. The way he’s telling himself in the mirror that he’s gonna kill himself if he doesn’t get the lines right. Lack for a better word is just plain ridiculous, and dark. Though his delivery is real funny.

Anytime they show someone making a drink in this movie it looks so stylish/good.

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I need to watch this again

19. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

This doesn’t feel like it’s close to three hours at ALL. I think this is my favorite QT after several rewatches.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Anyone else notice the way Timothy Olyphant says Gilbert, it sounds just like the way they Leo says Depp’s name in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? Gilber-T

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

How much Rick hates hippies is one of the funniest threads in this movie.

soggytime, Ferrari333SP, kyle and 6 others like this.
  22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

“hey, dennis hopper, move this piece of shit!”

Steve_JustAGuy and BornToRun like this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I still think the entire farm lot sequence with Brad Pitt is the best scene from the movie. Followed closely by the home invasion scene at the end.

Ferrari333SP and TSLROCKS like this.
  24. Pseudo!

Regular

Every scene with Brad Pitt is the best scene from the movie

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

The farm was truly one of the most tense sequences I’ve seen in a movie. I was so sure it was going to horribly for him the entire time.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.