Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie • Page 74

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

Finally caught a showing of this. Thoughts:

My first reaction is it’s a brilliantly made movie that didn’t leave me thinking anything deeper than, “Man, that was a brilliantly made movie!” Probably won’t be my favorite of the year, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. All the performances were great but Leo’s might be the best I’ve seen all year which I hadn’t expected

I loved that this was more or less a montage of a bunch of potentially iconic movie scenes. Heck, the Spahn Ranch scene, Rick Dalton’s breakdown, and Sharon Tate watching her own movie were all movie magic and they basically happened alongside each other.

The end scene was insane. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard at something so excessively violent. I will say, I saw the historical twist coming from a ways away but it still surprised me and was so brilliantly done. The last 20 minutes elevated the entire film which I already enjoyed a lot.

I also loved how each character was shot. It felt like even smaller characters that had a couple minutes of screen time were shot in such a way that they were the star while they were on screen. I’m not familiar enough with Tarantino to know if this is his thing, but I loved the respect this film had for all the actors.

Speaking of, who WAS that amazing little girl??? I guarantee in twenty years we’ll all look back and be like, “Oh man, look how small and cute Julia Butters was.” Instant star.

Apparently I loved this movie more than I thought cause I have a lot to say about it. Ha.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

7EA727A9-A7E4-49BC-BF6E-B1D238F95964.jpeg

3. Maverick

Trusted

Just watched this for the 3rd time last night with some drinks and it just confirms I absolutely love this movie. Every single shot. Favorite movie of the year hands down. Quentin Tarantino is such a film nerd and I love it. You can tell he takes special care into every single shot and I admired every detail as much as I could take in. My biggest complaint WAS that there wasn’t much of a story to latch on to, but now I realized I don’t care about story, I just loved hanging out with every character in what really felt and looked like the ‘60s.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Easily my favorite movie of ‘19

SlappinCups likes this.
  5. Serh Feb 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 2, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

also saw this last night and i think i love it even more. it ruled seeing this with a full theater again. everyone was quiet for the whole thing, save for the end of course. weird how eight months ago i wasn't all that sure qt could still make a film on this level. kinda wouldn't blame anyone for having it in their top 3 of his

Maverick likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

shit

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

finally got around to seeing his yesterday. knowing absolutely nothing about the Manson murders really detracts from the film experience.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched it for the second time yesterday and it cemented it as my favorite film of 2019. Just a fucking great time

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

brad pitt got supporting

SlappinCups likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Well deserved, the last 10 or so minutes of this is one of my favorite scenes of the year and it's 90% because of his performance

BornToRun likes this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

ready for the 4 hour cut of this. come onnnn haha.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just showed this to one of my buddies tonight and he thought it was great. We were talking about the ending and how awesome it is that it’s a big “fuck you” to the Manson murderer was well as awesome it is that this film gave Sharon something that was taken from her and her friends.

I would like to see more films flip tragic events on their head.

domotime2 likes this.
  14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

So apparently Martin Kove, of Karate Kid fame, was in this film? As a "Bounty Law Sheriff"? Does anybody remember seeing him? I tried Google imaging him and couldn't find a single reference

[​IMG]

15. I love this movie. Leo and Brad, man.

imthesheriff and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

On Starz

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

watching: shrek

Drew Beringer likes this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This is really well done.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Errrrr I guess I had a free day or weekend of Starz, and didn’t realize it. Was really looking for to watching this tonight with a drink when the fam went to bed. The trials over since it’s no longer available to watch for free.....

Oh well. I’ve been meaning to buy it physical for a while.

20. NitrateDawn

Regular

Finally got the chance to watch this and was pretty underwhelmed. I've never loved QT as much as everyone else on the planet it seems like so I'm not all that surprised, but while there were lots of great elements I was still disappointed overall

21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still by far my favorite QT film

Cameron and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It's one of the 6-7 best of the year pretty solidly. His best since Basterds.

23. Morrissey

Trusted

Jackie Brown, Inglourious Basterds, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood are in the top tier.

Cameron and Nathan like this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Agreed

25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Pulp Fiction is in the top tier, easily.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.