Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie • Page 72

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

yeah in that final conversation with Amy Adams she tells her she lied about it and Flynn requested the transfer anyway

jkauf likes this.
  2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, remember that, read some interesting interpretations of that and why he left. I’ll definitely rewatch because now I’m remembering how much I loved it.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Dude has had a lot of hairstyles and I like pretty much all of them.

The Maron podcast was fun, wish it was longer.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the post right above yours laid it out pretty succinctly

jkauf likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

As a QT superfan, this holds up

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Finally got around to watching this. Thought the first 90 minutes were kind of low-to middle-tier Tarantino but the last hour or so was incredible.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

YAY they're re-running this in theaters near me and i was so mad that i didnt see this when it came out i had to run out and see it. I mean, top driector of all time, 2 of his movies crack the top 15 of all-time list, i felt so silly not going to see this. but alas i did...and im happy i saw this IN the theaters.

I actually LOVED the first half more than the 2nd. The second half seemed sorta quick and abrupt, while the first half did a fantastic job of establishing the atmosphere and knocked it out of the ballpark. Great stuff.

In the end, time will tell where this falls in my QT list, probably not in the top half, but still a super solid A-/B+.

I will say... i liked Irishman better.

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Does this need to be compared to the Irishman? I get that it’s two iconic filmmakers and both deal with aging and legacy to a certain degree. But really, those are two very different movies.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Both oscar contenders

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Hugo was Scorsese’s love letter to film

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

coleslawed, justin., kyle and 2 others like this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal

:-O

SlappinCups likes this.
  17. Morrissey

Trusted

I don't believe anything Tarantino announces until I see actual footage. He has talked about so many projects over the years that have never happened.

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Whenever he has an idea pop in his head, he tells his publicist to issue a press release

19. Morrissey

Trusted

The Vega Brothers movie, Kill Bill Volume 3, the Star Trek movie. It is hard to keep track of.

Years before Inglourious Basterds came out he used to talk about a war movie starring Adam Sandler.

20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Well yeah, he wanted Adam Sandler in inglorious basterds. He was supposed to play the bear Jew.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the movie about native american soldiers that is tangentially related to Basterds

23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

eli roth was fine, but made this movie would have been on another level for me with Sandler

TSLROCKS, TJ Wells and SlappinCups like this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

coleslawed and SlappinCups like this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would not have pictured Sandler as the bear jew until now and it would be great. Taratino truly is a master visual.