Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie • Page 64

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

That’s unfortunate. Pesci’s unbelievably great in Irishman. Hopefully that changes as we get closer to nominations

2. Full Effect Ed

I actually thought J Lo was one of the best female performances of the year lol

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

My hope is the academy goes
    Crazy for this and Julia butters sneaks in there.

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like J-Lo is a lock for a nom and honestly could win?

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

she def is, there are just a bunch of boomers in the Academy who probably wouldn't be into that movie haha

TJ Wells likes this.
  6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’ll be honest I can’t remember the last time I loved a crop of possible Oscar movies
    This much.

Mrplum5089 and jkauf like this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It’s weird to think that two weeks from now globes, PGA, DGA, SAG, and WGA noms will all be out and this will be so much more clear cut

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Back to this, the part where Cliff drives from ricks place to his is something that could so easily have been cut but instead it’s like one of my favorite parts in a movie this year?

BornToRun likes this.
  9. Full Effect Ed

She just won the Spotlight award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival (she’ll actually receive it in January) plus she’s nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for best actress. I think she’s a shoe-in for the Oscar nom, personally.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Let’s not forget Giamatti being the front runner to not even being nominated for Sideways. For all we know, Taika slips in.

11. Full Effect Ed

Yeah that is a really good sequence. For me it’s the whole Spahn Ranch scene that’s his best work (a scene that doesn’t even involve Rick)

TJ Wells likes this.
  12. Full Effect Ed

The only two big noms that film deserves are maybe Thomasin McKenzie for best supporting actress & Taika for screenplay.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's an obvious one but the scene where the Manson family attacks the house is probably my favorite Pitt scene in the movie, he is so fucking hilarious in that part

GrantCloud and BornToRun like this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the only thing coming to mind is a little more Glenn Close in the Wife, but Renee in Judy feels like that to me, which is wild bc i think she’s the favorite?

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I agree. I feel like no one saw it and I do also feel like she’s the front runner...maybe Scar Jo?

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fingers crossed for saoirse

TJ Wells likes this.
  17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Finally got around to seeing this, probably a top three Tarantino movie for me.

BornToRun and StuffinCups like this.
  18. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Hope the blu-ray deluxe is part of a future pre-Christmas sale. Really want it for my collection, but still priced at $60 on Amazon.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Still waiting for the soundtrack on vinyl to arrive in the mail, it's on backorder and I've already seen it in stores. I still just need Jackie Brown to complete my QT soundtrack collection (if we're not counting Natural Born Killers).

20. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Just got around to seeing this as well, really enjoyed it. Definitely my favorite Tarantino in years

BornToRun likes this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Hot take: Pacino is giving a more interesting performance in this than in the Irishman.

phaynes12 and Full Effect Ed like this.
  22. Full Effect Ed

I’d have to agree with this take

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also want to say I think Pacino is great in The Irishman, I just really love what he does in his couple of scenes here.

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Funny considering I MISSED HIS ENTIRE SCENE! I was an idiot, and decided to get popcorn/beverage consumption after the film stared. I normally never get concessions, BUT they’re we’re so many ads for popcorn/coke combo before the film.

flask likes this.
  25. Full Effect Ed

He pops up in it a couple times, not just the initial scene with him and Rick