Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie • Page 61

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Seeing something in theaters like 2-3 times I could understand if it’s like a particularly amazing film or has a lot to it or whatever, but beyond that, if I’ve seen a movie then I really don’t have a desire to watch it again for at least several months at which point pretty much any movie’s initial run would be up.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I'm pretty sure the most I've ever seen a movie in theaters was twice and I've only even done that a couple times, and it's usually when I'm with friends or a date or something that hasn't seen it

3. RyanRyan

To date the only films I’ve ever seen twice at the cinema are the Evil Dead reboot and The Revenant because some bellends decided to talk and text throughout the first time.

I don’t have a cinema membership or whatever so no way in hell am I paying 25~ quid a pop to see a film that many times haha.

Props to you if you enjoy it that much though! I mean, I’ve seen Without A Paddle like 50 times and it doesn’t get old for me hahaha

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  4. Driving2theBusStation Oct 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 6, 2019)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

The most I've watched a movie in theaters was maybe Hook (four or five times?) and Gravity in Imax. Gravity makes me wish more space movies were 3D, holy smokes was that an amazing theater experience.

5. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

i think The Master is the only other movie I’ve seen 4 times in the theatre. Seen loads of things 2-3 times but 4 seems to be that magic number that rarely gets reached.

6. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'm pretty sure I saw the LEGO Movie, like, 8 times in theaters for some reason.

7. GBlades

Trusted

I saw the first Avengers 5 times in 1 day and I ain't ashamed.

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Only movies I've seen more than once in theaters were A Star Is Born and Endgame lol

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think my record is 4 showing of Titanic. Rivaled only by 3 showings of Napoleon Dynamite.

Mrplum5089 and aoftbsten like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Guess you’re seeing this again @TJ Wells

coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

The most disappointing thing about that story is that the movie is going to be a likely awards contender. We are going to have to have all of those conversations about the Bruce Lee character and the murdered wife all over again.

Aregala, SpookinCups and OhTheWater like this.
  13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed, jkauf and riotspray like this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Can't wait to see that comic that defends the Manson family again

15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Uhm those white supremacist murderers were actually just disenfranchised marginalized people left behind by elite society........

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Wonder what's being added and if there's still yet more footage to be added to the (potential) 4 hour Netflix cut.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This made me go back and look at that comic again and wow it's still one of the most baffling takes on a movie I've ever seen

Wharf Rat and OhTheWater like this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

wait, what??

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  20. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

At least Joker stopped that shit for a couple months

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't even know if there's enough hours in the day

SpookinCups likes this.
  22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Eh there’s only so much left to talk about.

Brad Pitt is winning. I’d confidently put money on it now.

imthesheriff likes this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I don't know what the rest of the field is going to look like this year but yeah this seems like the kind of role the Academy would like to give someone like Pitt a "career Oscar" for.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I think the only real competition he has in that category is Pacino, MAYBE Hanks, who both already have Oscars.