Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Death Proof is my least favorite, but it’s still good. One of the best car chases ever.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hateful Eight stands up with subsequent viewings imo. Though it does meander a lot.

I personally always liked Death Proof.

3. Davjs

Trusted

There's better and worse QT films when comparing, but he's yet to not make a good movie.

aoftbsten and I Am Mick like this.
  4. Django Unchained is my favorite that I've seen

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Tarantino is literally the only director where I rewatch their entire filmography when they have a new movie about to come out like it's a TV show

suicidesaints and chewbacca110 like this.
  6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Anthony_ and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Welp this is hard to read and certainly doesn’t make me feel any better about Quentin

http://nyti.ms/2BRURAU

I had no idea about the kill bill crash.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that’s fucking awful. His culpability in all this should have this movie scrapped.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

You don't even see her fucking face in the shot, why wouldn't you have a stunt driver do it?!

inwaves likes this.
  10. Anthony_

Kind of surprised at her characterization of the events. But if she doesn’t ascribe any malicious intent to QT, I don’t suppose I can either. The fact that he himself gave her the footage says a lot about whether he’s genuinely remorseful or not though, he really is exposing himself to at least public image consequences of not full-blown legal ones. Still outrageously reckless, though.

inwaves and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Quentin's involvement in the accident definitely makes me a little queasy. Like I get that he's a very detail oriented director and didn't intend for that to happen, but it sounds like he should be held accountable for negligence at the very least. You always hear stories about directors being awful to their cast and it's always brushed off as being "what needed to be done to get that performance" or acceptable "in the name of art", but those are just bullshit excuses for people being assholes.

Serh likes this.
  12. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

I see what your saying but QT is a perfectionist with a capital p. He needed her to be in that driver's seat. Does it make it right? No. And especially in a time where you see the consequences of putting people in risky situations, like Sarah Jones of a few years prior. I do not look at this as a cover up but more of a lie of omission on QT's part. I think actors and actresses will go to great lengths in order to "get the shot," but she obviously was not comfortable doing the scene and he made her do it anyway. That's where the culpability lays. He is remorseful even if not commenting on it when it was shot and while being silent now for being called out for it. I hope it does not ruin his career for a poor choice of judgment. And I hope Uma can heal from this.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt with Roman being a character, because Sharon was his wife and all, but yikes

14. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

good god

15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Hollywood sucks.

16. Anthony_

Welp

17. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Quentin’s been a terrible person for a long time.

fenway89 likes this.
  18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Davjs likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Brent, WordsfromaSong and airik625 like this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah him being self aware that he's shitty doesn't make him less shitty, I hate people "playing devil's advocate"

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. Anthony_

Where is this from?

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Statement he gave to a bunch of news sites

23. Anthony_

Damn. I'm actually surprised he even said anything, he seems like the kind of person who wouldn't ever admit he was wrong. Doesn't excuse what he said at all, I was just not expecting this.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Brad Pitt confirmed, called Once Upon A Time In Hollywood huh

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

airik625 and popdisaster00 like this.