Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

the sequence where Leo goes into Tate’s house/up the driveway and he has that long pan shot up and over, and it holds there at the end

coleslawed and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

H8 might be my favorite of his after IB.

3. abw123

Trusted

For the H8 lovers, this may be stating the obvious, but it's on Netflix right now chopped into "4 episodes" with a bunch of extra material added in (around 20 minutes). For anyone unaware, it's worth checking out.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I totally forgot they were doing that. Gonna have to add that to my list.

5. Morrissey

Trusted

This movie really made me appreciate Neil Diamond's Brother Love song. I used to always associate it with this really bad ripoff of There's Something About Mary starring David Spade called Lost and Found. My mother dropped off my brother and I to see it but since it was PG-13 they would not let us in and we didn't have cell phones back then so we had to walk all the way home.

joe.boy.fresh. and OhTheWater like this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hahaha my wife loves that scene and freaked out when it showed up in this

7. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Wrapped up watching Tarantino's films with Death Proof tonight, holy shit, so fun!

That it's his most gorgeous or that the back half isn't as great?

The only film I might enjoy more visually is Kill Bill volume 1

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yes.

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

:eyeglass:

SlappinCups likes this.
  10. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I stand with @phaynes12

The Hateful Eight for me is all of his worst tendencies amplified

Just insanely long dialogue scene after insanely long dialogue scene bordering on masturabatory from QT imo

RIP Sally Menke for real

not trying to say anyone who likes it is wrong or anything, I wish I did too!

(the 70mm photography is truly gorgeous though)

phaynes12 likes this.
  11. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Did anyone actually catch the roadshow presentation of Hateful Eight in the theaters? I’ve still got my programs from the two times I caught it that week :heart:

12. I did and I really enjoyed that experience.

13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

wish I could have caught the roadshow for Hateful Eight! I haven't watched the four part version yet. really hoping to catch OUTIH in 35mm this weekend. fingers crossed!

14. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

saw this last night and absolutely loved every minute. the antonio margiritti callback got a big laugh in my theater.

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty good press interview; Leo seems to hate every single piece of press he has to do, whereas Pitt just rolls with it and tries to make the most of it

It's as if in Leo's head, during every interview he's thinking to himself "I need to plant more trees..the Earth is dying"

Rowan5215, BornToRun and SpyKi like this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

kyle, Aregala and OhTheWater like this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

The guy has been giving women interesting roles long before it became part of the national conversation. Other than the briefest of nudity in Jackie Brown, he doesn't have too much sexualization of his female characters. It is a really bad target to put on the kangaroo court.

19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Jackie Brown/Kill Bills/Inglorious is a run of really great female leads.

Wharf Rat and coleslawed like this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

Quentin Tarantino was on top of the world after Pulp Fiction, and he chose to center his next film around a forgotten black actress who was almost fifty. He isn't perfect, but there are much better examples of filmmakers to go after for a lack of female representation.

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Not to mention Death Proof.

22. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Goddamn, I know Tarantino is the furthest thing from a good dude, but the discourse has been doing some real stretching of late to dismiss his work.

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Real problematic kind of look also to be essentially implying that quantity is what matters over quality when it comes to women in film.

24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, when I think of filmmakers who lack strong female representation in their movies, Tarantino is pretty low on that list.

25. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

the rural juror likes this.