Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, July 26, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Anthony_ and suicidesaints like this.
  2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

let's do this

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Morrissey

Trusted

It has been a rough couple of years since Inglourious Basterds, but before Inglourious Basterds I had started to write him off. Hopefully getting out of the Old West material will invigorate him creatively.

popdisaster00 and brandon_260 like this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can’t wait to see what he does next, his films are always an event. Going to be quite the bidding war over what studio gets to make this.

suicidesaints likes this.
  5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I still haven't seen the last one.

Larry David likes this.
  6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Imagine Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt together in a Tarantino film.

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Literally no reason not to be stoked for this. The guys batting like .900...mr reliable

Anthony_ and suicidesaints like this.
  8. airik625

Yeah death proof is his only film I didn’t care too much for.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I like them all, personally.

10. Morrissey

Trusted

Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight are both too long and focus too much on Tarantino's worst impulses. Reservoir Dogs is okay but is just Tarantino practicing for what would come later. Death Proof is actually better when you strip it away from the Grindhouse project.

OhTheWater likes this.
  11. airik625

I loved django unchained. One of my favorite QT films for sure.

Larry David likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm very happy he's out of his Western phase

I Am Mick and suicidesaints like this.
  13. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Hateful Eight was my favorite film of 2015. I saw the 70mm presentation twice in the theater. I’m all in.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  14. I love Django and Hateful. I can't wait to see what he does next.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Hateful Eight benefited from my favorite theater moment, when Channing Tatum showed up a woman excitedly yelled " it's Channing"

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Django and H8 are low on my list for Tarantino but I'm still very excited to see what he comes up with next.

17. Morrissey

Trusted

The Hateful Eight isn't terrible, but it feels like Tarantino was directing a screenplay he didn't write. There are too many characters and he has no idea what to do with them for large parts of the film.

Brent, electro haikus and OhTheWater like this.
  18. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I need to rewatch H8. I loved it but only watched it once. Is there any indication which way this movies heading storywise?

19. Morrissey

Trusted

Also, the long story that Samuel L. Jackson tells about the general's son is gratuitous and another of seemingly endless examples of Tarantino going across the line on race.

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah, the climax of H8 is that speech and it completely falls flat

21. Yasqueen4

Trusted

Should I give this actor a chance?

Brent likes this.
  22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I don't disagree with that criticism, but his films are just so enjoyable to me that I let most of that stuff slide. Sure his films have flaws, but they're usually pretty fun to watch.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I am so curious how he's going to tackle this. I always wanted someone like Fincher to do a Helter Skelter adaptation, but I'm sure Tarentino will make this pretty interesting. I'm just glad it's not a western. I didn't hate Django or H8 but they're lower on my list. I wonder who will play Manson, if he even appears (could totally see Tarantino not even showing him, just focusing on the women followers)

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Bret Easton Ellis/Rob Zombie Manson film wouldve been amazing

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

he might just be playing coy, and I still can't believe him and Sofia Coppola are friends and briefly dated