Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

On The Basis Of Sex (Mimi Leder, December 25,2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 16, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

“On the Basis of Sex” centers around Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Felicity Jones) as a young lawyer as she teams up with her husband, Martin D. Ginsburg (Armie Hammer), to bring a case before the U.S. Court of Appeals that will overturn a century of gender discrimination. The supporting cast includes Justin Theroux, Sam Waterston, Jack Reynor, and Kathy Bates as civil liberties lawyer Dorothy Kenyon.

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yes yes yes

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

this is a pretty standard biopic/law movie but not necessarily in a bad way, except for a few times where they say the name of the film and whenever RBG says her name it always feels like a wink
    I think grounding the movie in 2 periods in RBG's life focused it, and I liked how they incorporated the political movements of the 70s
    Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer were great and had great chemistry, Sam Waterston and Justin Theroux are so good at playing dicks, Cailee Spaeny did a great job too and it's always nice seeing Stephen Root

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Really felt this was special. The cast was amazing in their roles and I never felt things got dull.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely gonna see this sometime this weekend.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I liked this a whole lot. I wanna watch RBG now.

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This was surprisingly really good, and I didn't think it was trite at all, which is a worry I always have with biopics. Really like how it was rooted in the 70s movements, and did a good job of making the legal arguments interesting (even if it wasn't as technical as I'd hoped, especially from the "bad" side).

9. Iain

Regular

I thought this was a really good film. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Just seen if beale street could talk as well last night, makes you wonder how mental it was not so long ago!