Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Omnifocus App • Page 2

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Jesse Atticus, Apr 9, 2016.

1. So close now I can taste it ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Does pro give you the ability to add all those side icons?

3. Yeah you can select the icons via Perspectives → Show Perspectives from the top menu.

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

5. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

So I got pro. I had to stop at perspectives in the video. Mind is to tired atm and I need to reset up my life in this app

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

So what kind of stuff do you guys have as projects/folders/context. Curious to see how other people have things set up.

When I get mine done I'll post them.

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Do I have to pay for the pro upgrade on mobile to get all my custom perspectives from the desktop app? starting to fee nickeled and dimed with this.

8. Jason Tate May 1, 2016
    (Last edited: May 1, 2016)
    TBH: If you don't wanna spend money on software, Omnigroup is the wrong place to look. They charge a lot of money for very powerful apps, it's how they stay in business. They'll charge you again when they come out with new editions as well. Just FYI. @kencase on twitter I think is the main guy, he tweets about their business model a lot.

9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I get that. I guess I saw the phone app as an auxiliary to the desktop app so I'd figured it would transfer to my pay app.

10. Yeah, it doesn't. I am pretty sure it does for iOS though.

11. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

So I'm confused and I was making quick rants earlier. So if I have the pro desktop edition I still have to buy the pro iOS edition to get the features on both.

12. Correct. There's the Mac version, and the iOS version. You buy both separate and upgrade both separate. At least that's what I remember doing, I don't know if they have a bundled version or something now.

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

14. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Weird question but is there a script out there that allows me to make a task tracker in Google Docs and it auto populates in OmniFocus for me?

15. lauren14

Regular

Has anyone used this in a professional setting and as a management tool? I'm struggling with way too much to do. I don't love wunderlist, but tends towards PC based so not sure this works either.

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

I am digging wunderlist.

17. lauren14

Regular

Really?! Maybe I'm not using it to its full capacity. What do you like about it? Tips?

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

I am just getting used to it myself. Haven't even had it for 24hrs but I do like writing my groceries, movie lists and all my to-do's within one app. It's also very quick to make a nice checkbox list which I like. before I would use notes/reminders but I like having it all under one roof if you get me.

19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

@Jason Tate or anyone else do you use workflow for OmniFocus at all? I saw the gallery had some and curious if you think they work well.

20. I use one specifically a lot. It's my "walk errand" workflow.

It pulls up a list of common things I need to do for errands (get groceries, get mail, take UPS, grab beer, grab dinner, etc.) when I am outside and displays them in a way I can quickly check off. Then it creates a task "due" at the time I usually go on my walk each day with everything filled out to remind me. So if I know I have something, or a few things to do, on a walk, I can fill out the task with a few clicks.

Most of my Omnifocus automation is done on the Mac though. I have quite a bit I do there.

21. Brenden Jul 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2017)
    Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Today I finally got to 0 outstanding tasks. Really started using it again for the first time in a year so it's nice not to have the red notifications for once.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Just discovered that you can export to .csv files. Don't know I find that cool. Is there anyway I could update this spreadsheet and have it make changes within the program?

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 11.13.32 PM.png

23. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Quick question when using the it on iOS, specifically the iPad. I know on the desktop when creating projects and sub-projects there is an option for when all tasks are complete for the project/sub-project to complete. Is there any way to turn it on through through iOS as I can't find it?

Note I only have the standard version on my iPad but the pro upgrade on my Mac

24. Not that I know of, I think it is just that way by default on iOS. I haven't tested it in a while though.