Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Omar Rodriguez-López Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jul 7, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Saber, Querer, Osar y Callar (2012)

This album feels like honing in on the ideas behind Un Corazon de Nadie, but doing it better. While this one is mostly all electronic, Deantoni provides live drums on the album, creating a more full sound that is easier to digest. Omar sings on this album as well, kinda the whisper-dark sounds that he seems to have settled on in this time period. Still, with the upgrade from the last album, the style doesn't quite mesh with me all that much

2 out of 5 Omars

2. I need to listen to more of his recent releases. I just don't have the time.

3. irthesteve

Octopus Kool Aid (2012)

Omar's first album with Teri from Le Butcherettes performing all vocals, also features Marcel on drums. I don't have much to say here except that I don't like Teri's voice and just am not overall a fan of what's going on here. I'm quickly remembering that this time period is when I started caring much less about Omars solo output

2 out of 5 Omars

4. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for their collaborations

5. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

El Bien y mal Nos Une

6. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

First single from Cell Phone Bikini

7. irthesteve

at the simplest, I just think her voice is unpleasant. Musically there is a lot to like about Bosnian Rainbows, but I do not enjoy listening to that album

8. irthesteve

Woman Gives Birth To Tomato! (2013)

For the most part, I don't think this is very good. A lot of noises and noodling around, many of the songs don't go anywhere. A few of them are downright painful to listen to (I'm looking at you Long Beach...), but there are hints of cool stuff in some of the tracks like Zapopan or Bayamon. Either way, not one that I'd come back to often

1.5 out of 5 Omars

9. irthesteve

Equinox (2013)

Another weird album with noodling around and weird Omar vocals.... again, not really into this one :tear:

1.5 out of 5 Omars

10. irthesteve

Unicorn Skeleton Mask (2013)

Omar, Juan and Deantoni collaborate on this album, and it's yet another one I do not care for. zzzzzzzzz, almost done with my catchup finally

1 out of 5 Omars

11. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Omar has a new band with Buzz Osborne & Dale Crover of The Melvins and Teri Gender Bender called Crystal Fairy

12. irthesteve

Haha, jesus... another band?!?!

13. irthesteve

That song certainly isn't what I expected, but it's kinda cool in a cheese-metal kinda way hah

14. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

I like how sludgy it is, but once again completely meh on Teri

15. irthesteve

I did it! I did it! Listened to all of Omar's back catalog again, now I am ready to dive into the new stuff... anyway

¿Sólo Extraño? (2013)

This is his ONLY album without a wikipedia page, so I don't know who actually plays on this album other than Omar. I can tell he is on vocals as well.

Anyway, album is bleghhhh

1.5 our of 5 Omars

16. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Cell Phone Bikini is out

17. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

First Single from Infinity Drips

18. irthesteve

Ok, got around to Sworn Virgins for the first time tonight and I'm pretty impressed overall! Especially after the last few albums he had released previously hah. This album's pretty strong musically, not really huge on Omar's vocals here however

19. irthesteve

Oh my god, Corozones is totally unexpected, and unlike anything he has done before. What a cool album, really enjoy this one

coleslawed likes this.
  20. irthesteve

This might sound funny, but Omar sounds like Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords sometimes on this album, hah

21. irthesteve

Oh man, Aranas is pretty fucking cool, could easily see how these were made during TMV's existence

22. irthesteve

Not feeling Infinity Drops at all

23. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

I havent been able to listen but Ive seen a lot of people who agree with you.

Honestly, I'm excited...I love weird "unlistenable" Omar

24. irthesteve

Haha, it's not that it's terrible at all, it's just Omar and Teri singing over sampled Indian music. Certainly interesting, but not really my thing

25. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Ohhh then I rescind my excitement