Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR (May 21, 2021) • Page 53

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Mar 31, 2021.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

If by diluted you mean traditional? There’s room in every genre for the basics and the more experimental

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I mean, I do enjoy her stuff overall, but it's not pushing any boundaries at all. I just think there's so many artists doing exciting things in the genre who are not being recognized

3. irthesteve

earthlight likes this.
  4. irthesteve

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

upload_2021-12-3_22-11-48.jpeg

maryp1603, awakeohsleeper and ChaseTx like this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

TBH I can’t imagine how all of this feels for him. Would be such a mind fuck

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't blame Olivia for her fans being assholes like all stans are but Josh and Sabrina also don't deserve death threats and to be harassed

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Let’s be honest, all Stans should be excommunicated from the internet.

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah obv Olivia is entitled to write about her life and valid feelings but it sucks that stans have to take it to that level. Same with t swift. I mean I know some of her exes are on a different level of suckage but stans like harass their new gfs and their families which is not okay.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

MysteryKnight and ChaseTx like this.
  12. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

She could easily say something like, "Yea obviously some of the songs and lyrics are inspired by a past relationship but it's the creative process and takes into account a lot of life experiences. It doesn't point to one person but a culmination of people in my life.... and she can ask people to stop. I think there's a sense of responsibility and accountability when you slander someone publicly no matter who was in the right or wrong and the actions weren't of a criminal nature.

Murph likes this.
  13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen and ChaseTx like this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. Signed up the verified fan thing for tickets, but snagging those is going to be stressful regardless.

16. a lack of color

Regular

These tickets are going to be a nightmare to get

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Woah!

I registered for the first night at NYC. Fingers crossed I can snag tickets! Surprisingly she's doing 2 nights at Radio City (6k capacity) instead of MSG. She honestly could do multiple nights at MSG if she wanted to, but it looks like she's taking the Billie approach and starting with smaller rooms.

Also, guess this means shes out for Coachella.

18. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Pretty surprised by her Boston venue. It’s a new 3,500 capacity club. I won’t be trying to get tickets, but I would have loved to have seen holly humberstone, too!

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

These tickets are going to be harder to get than getting Billie tickets and that’s saying something

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Holly is also opening the entire Girl In Red tour which also hits Boston.

21. stadiums i assume?

EDIT: midsize stadiums. cool.

22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

uh, from the venues I've been to here, all of them are far too small for her. Dashboard recently played the Nashville venue and I saw BN play the Atlanta one right before everything came out. Virtually impossible to get tickets for an artist her size. Surely she's... in venues triple their size?

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Taylor is the only one who can play arenas on their first tour haha, even Billie played theaters at first

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Billie actually started out playing very small venues. First venue she played in Chicago was a 175 capacity venue.

25. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

oh good to know- thanks!