Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Old The Academy Is… Demo Shows Up on Spotify

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Adam Siska of The Academy Is… shared on Twitter his memories of the band’s demo “Sodium” after it became available on Spotify last week:

An old TAI demo has resurfaced on Spotify, and many people think it’s a new song. I vaguely remember the demo, but frankly it stinks and I don’t like it, and I promise that if we were ever to put out new music, it would have to be much better than that!

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Always loved “Sodium” since I first heard it. It’s from their Fast Times sessions and I wish it made the record too but I guess Adam wouldn’t agree with me lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

I saw it this morning and freaked out. Don't know how I'd never heard before, but it's actually pretty good in my opinion.

4. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Was this a different version of Sodium? Or is there only one version? I've always had this song in my library, because it came with the iTunes version of Santi. I think they even played it live at one point if I'm not mistaken.

5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Uploading this to spotify is kinda mean to TAI fans. I've had this in my library as a Fast Times B-side for years.

Like who at Warner dug up an old b-side and said "make new cover art and put it on spotify!"

6. Spenny

Regular

It's not their best work, which makes sense since it's a demo, but I enjoy it.

7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm all for uploading it, but they should pick a different release date so they don't get people's hopes up. © 2019 is mean.

8. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I can see why it didn't make the cut, it's not a great song compared to their others. Kinda messed up in my opinion to put this up if it was something the band wasn't proud of and didn't want to put out themselves.