Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Old Gray - Slow Burn (December 9, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Nov 1, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah, raph was one of the core members in all the band's existence up until this record. one of the screamers. dude kind of sucked so that's why he's not with them anymore

2. RonandTammy

Regular

Ok so he wasn't the long-haired red head, right?

I dug their first album, but they were gone so long my taste changed.

3. cwhit

only release i really think is good by them was everything i let go & the things i refuse to. really hit that post-rock sweet spot on that EP

4. RonandTammy

Regular

The noisy screamo stuff is cool, but gets tiring. I haven't heard this EP so I may check it out. Their live session from Audiotree (I think) was the best I've heard from them.

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't even know they were releasing a new record. I checked this out and it's pretty decent but I think I prefer Sorority Noise nowadays.

6. ahabian

there isn't a proper word for the setting sun.

Old Gray and Sorority are diametrically as far as tone goes, though, and I love the former and not the latter. So I definitely get that they'd be kept separate.

7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

It's almost like artists do things like separate projects because that's what they feel comfortable doing

Zac Djamoos and teebs41 like this.
  8. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Really glad to see so many bands doing that. Even tho I'm not a huge fan of cam's music, he seems like a really great guy

10. openheart

Raph definitely didn't suck. This is the guy who wrote the twinkly part in "Her Tongue" and co-wrote An Autobiography.

For those wondering, he left the band to teach English in Japan.

11. cwhit

didn't mean musically suck, meant he was sort of an asshole suck

12. Horrorca

Trusted

haha right?

sometimes you want different parameters - this creates a sort of freedom that allows for thinking outside certain "boxes" you have created

names are powerful - they are sigils - charged with meaning and intent

it makes all the sense in the world to try yo find new paths by switching monickers - almost like a way of dropping certain burdens/weights

not all need this strategy, I, for one, find it useful

ahabian likes this.
  13. ahabian

there isn't a proper word for the setting sun.

This album is growing on me. Really happy with it.