Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Okja (Bong Joon Ho, June 28, 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by recall reality, May 18, 2017.

1. Well now I'm intrigued.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, now I'm excited since Tetra and Brandon are saying that his best films are the two I have queued up to watch next.

3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I really enjoyed this movie, except for one stupid flaw. I was reading about it on Wiki, and saw there's stuff at the end that I didn't remember. I fastforward after the credits and saw there's another scene. I can't believe they did that, since I always stop the movie once credits start and I think most people do as well...unless it's a Marvel movie.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I only knew to watch after the credits bc I read it online somewhere. I think the post credits thing is dumb too. If you have to do an "additional scene" then run the credits for a few seconds and then put in the scene right way, rather than waiting 6 minutes later.

5. Morrissey

Trusted

When I was a little kid I thought the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark ended when Indiana Jones and Marion are on the boat. The camera starts panning back and music swells, like the end of a movie. I did not discover the rest for a few years.

6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I just let the credits run, usually there's some actor or song I recognize but can't identify, so I watch to see if I was thinking of the right thing.

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

broke my heart, incredible film

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wish I could have seen this in theaters, this would have been great to see on a big screen, but I guess I'm happy I get to see it quickly and not worry if it comes out by me

Jake's voice in this sure was something, I also loved Paul Dano's vocal delivery

I loved the DGAF truck driver

Snowpiercer was the only other one of his I've seen and I can't compare the two

suicidesaints likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Not as interesting as Snowpiercer, and certainly not as captivating as The Host.

Though I had a great time with this. Got really teary-eyed at the end.

That was so sad when the mom, and Dad super pigs wanted to save their baby :tear:

llllllllllllllll and Joel like this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Watched Snowpiercer again last night and this is way better. Didn't feel like Snowpiercer held up well at all, for me.

11. Morrissey

Trusted

I had to turn it off when the animal rights guys pulled out the umbrellas and the John Denver song came on. I might try to finish it in the morning, but it is painful so far.

12. i didn't love it, but it was pretty great. sad, but great.

13. dlemert

Trusted

This was just alright. Tonally it was sort of weird, and overall it was kind of a downer with an awkward resolution. I adore Snowpiercer and so this paled in comparison for me.

Gyllenhaal was great though.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. I expected a lot more from this, but it was nice.

Paul Dano was probably the best part for me.