Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oh, Sleeper Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by y2jayjk, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

New stuff is super solid. Only issue is I wish they were exploring a bit more after all this time. I guess we’ll see, but first impression is it’s great but I feel like they’ve peaked with this sound on Children of Fire. Hope the rest is more adventurous.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The vocals are all over the place but the music is solid.

3. Need solid state to press the first 3 records

4. azzy01

Regular

Fissure is tight. Took a couple listens to get into it as much, but it sounds like a natural progression from Titan ep

5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

These guys have been listening to a lot of Periphery.

disambigujason likes this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Unrelated but can you now listen to YouTube in browser backgrounds again? Either that or my iOS browser is bugging and I’m a-ok with it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I finally figured out who they are starting to remind me of. Another band that had a short career that was super talented:

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

The Mysterious likes this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I am loving Shane's vocals on this song. I am just not in love with Micah's vocals on this album so far and feel like he is really straining. Musically, it is really great.

11. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Haha I feel the exact opposite, had a soft spot for Greeley Estates growing up and Micah sounds just like their vocals here. Shane...his voice is still great, but the hooks don't seem to be as catchy or soaring as the past few LPs.

Agreed 100% about this musically though

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  12. The Mysterious

Speaking of which, this song is fantastic for the chorus and payoff @ 2:45. Still get goosebumps.

Nate_Johnson and disambigujason like this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Oooh good comparison. I was on a GE kick a few weeks ago, miss that band. Go West Young Man is one of my favorite metalcore records.

14. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

New album out this week I think. P pumped

disambigujason likes this.
  15. The Mysterious

Sooo...thoughts, friendos?

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

Oh shit! Did not realize this came out today. Will listen after work

17. Dog with a Blog

Lol. There is a part in Two Ships that is literally identical (instrumentally speaking) to part of a song I wrote, both the guitar and drums. That’s crazy. Cool song tho.

18. Dog with a Blog

I’m glad they are back. I feel like this album isn’t bad but it does suffer from feeling a little samey throughout. Children of Fire managed to have a collection of songs that all made sense but still had features to distinguish themselves from one another. Most of this kinda feels like it’s just the same formula used for every song. It’s not necessarily a bad formula, just a little dry. Two Ships is a standout for me and The Summit is lowkey a country song which is...odd and definitely not “samey” but not great either haha. But I’m glad this album came out and I really hope they continue to make music cause I love these guys.

19. The Mysterious

Upon listening to Mutinous it appears as if our living room has trashed itself

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  20. The Mysterious

@KidLightning get this man a lawsuit and some reclamation funds

21. tvck

Trusted

Really enjoyed this album

22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

nothing groundbreaking here with Bloodied/Unbowed but dammit if it doesnt feel great to hear Micah and co on fresh tracks

Lucas27 and disambigujason like this.
  24. I wish I enjoyed this more. It feels quite underwhelming compared to Children Of Fire, almost like they're on autopilot. I don't remember anything from the EP they put out a few years back, so I'll get back on that as well.

Lucas27 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  25. Oxygen still rules and the closer is probably my favorite song. Very cinematic.