Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Official Summer Jams 2018 Thread

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, May 8, 2018.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

It's that time of year! Sun's coming out, car windows are coming down, and we need JAMS.

Share your favorite new musical discoveries to make the summer a better place for your fellow Chorus members.

Rules (that you can definitely never break, it's illegal):
    1. PLEASE no more than 3 songs per post. Give people a chance to listen to your best recommendations!
    2. Try to choose music that you think no one's heard. (We all know "God's Plan" is a jam.)
    3. Set the mood. A sentence about why you like each song would be nice so it's not just an endless stream of YouTube widgets.

Examples:

"Yellow Eyes" by Rayland Baxter
    This riff just sounds like a setting sun to me.

"Astrovan" by Mt. Joy
    That moment where they all come in for the last chorus is such a great singalong moment. It's like the Lumineers rolled a joint and stuck their hand out the car window to play with the wind.

"My Lady's On Fire" by Ty Segall
    Reminds me of an old lost Beatles song or something.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the entirety of swaecation

Joel likes this.
  3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Coast Modern! Just made a thread about them today.

4. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

and inevitably the new 1975

Contender likes this.
  5. Matt Chylak

Great choices! I'd never heard that Kimbra song, definitely fun.

I love that Caroline Rose album so much, but I have "Jeannie Becomes A Mom" on my official summer playlist instead of "Soul No 5". Should prob switch tbh.

6. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

you should check out the rest of the kimbra album, especially the song “recovery”, it’s very good and already underated imo.

i thought about putting Jeanie up there but Soul No. 5 is just too much fun, excited to see her with mitski!

Matt Chylak likes this.
  7. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

delorean has been my #1 most listened to artist every summer for past 8 years basically. incredibly under rated

chillwave goodness

8. Matt Chylak

THIS SONG though.