Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Off-putting things about people • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Littering is a massive one for me. There are garbage bins literally everywhere, so leaving trash anywhere else (the ground especially) comes off as one of the most inconsiderate things

Penguin, iCarly Rae Jepsen and mad like this.
  2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

It's straight up laziness if you ask me.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  3. alex

notgonz Prestigious

The rare times I do it is because there's a bad taste in my mouth and it's the only option to get rid of it in the moment *shrug*

ChaseTx and inspectorkemp like this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I feel like I need to dig into some sociological research lol cause I'm sure women get phlegmy and bad tastes and I never see them spit. Are men asserting their dominance? Just more disrespectful about their surroundings? I won't rest until I get to the bottom of it haha. I remember in a theory class in college I used a theory to come up with an explanation why and now I can't remember what it was oop.

Clearly this has bothered me for a while lol

mad likes this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

People who put out cigarette butts on the ground RIGHT NEXT TO AN ASHTRAY

Penguin, Dirty Sanchez and mad like this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

People who don't eat croutons as a snack.

7. People who put pineapple on their pizza

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

AelNire likes this.
  9. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

People who call hot dogs sandwiches.

Essie, neptune and muttley like this.
  10. People who call a Dairy Queen blizzard a milkshake

11. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Couldn't its being perceived as unbecoming be a reason why women don't do it, as opposed to there being some reason *for* men doing it?

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. Kiana Jun 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2016)
    Kiana

idk, but there's really no good reason to spit on the ground because it's rude and gross so I'm gonna continue to say there's a weird reason men do it lol, prob a form of posturing or asserting something.

I did google it just now and an article titled "Us Against Phlegm" came up and said "The fact is that men spit, and they spit a lot, for no other reason than they can. They don't seem to get that it's disgusting, unsanitary and certainly unattractive to most everyone around them" daaaang go in article

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Essie like this.
  13. alex

notgonz Prestigious

You're kinda begging the question there

14. Kiana

Lol I don't care i just need all the men to stop spitting on the ground. That's all I want out of this life. I've seen men pee in public too idk why they have a fascination with bodily fluids in public but imma need it to stop

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Always assumed it was due to sports, exercise increases the build up of saliva and while playing sports, players don't have access to water for long periods of time so spitting is a way to get rid of the excess as fast as possible as you get rid of more saliva than when swallowing. Then you have the fact that Pro sports are heavily skewed towards the males who see Pro athletes spitting, then in turn think it's acceptable.

Always what I thought about it.

Garrett L. likes this.
  16. Kiana

It's definitely a thing to spit while doing physical activity but that's not really what I'm talking about. Just men standing around and walking down the street spitting without any physical exertion going on. Your last statement just speaks to my theory of asserting dominance or for ~manly reasons

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I only pee in public when I'm drunk. But not gonna lie, I like prospect of peeing on something when sober as well.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yes. I know. The point of my post was men being influenced by athletes into thinking spitting is an acceptable practice in general.

Kiana likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Spitting is gross and I am not a fan

One of my friends spits all the time and I will question him about it next time I see him

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. Kiana

LOL sorry I'm sensitive to mansplaining.

Also my phone is dumb and autocorrected lol to caps. I am not that amused only lowercase amused haha

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

80% of males here dip and spit the nastiest brown, dip spit. It literally makes me want to die right there on the spot. Screw the people who spit on the concrete too.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

there's no reason to walk around spitting unless you're a llama

AelNire and Kiana like this.
  23. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

sometimes it's also cause they're dipping. doesn't make it any better, actually makes it grosser imo, but.

24. Kiana

My coworkers ex chewed and would spit into soda cans and once he did it into her drink and she drank it and idk how she's alive to tell the tale

ChiliTacos and Nick like this.
  25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

No bother. I was trying to put what I was thinking into words but couldn't quite do it eloquently. I just think boys and men are so easily influenced by pro athletes that's where it comes from.