Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Off-putting things about people • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jun 2, 2016.

1. If we're talking about first encounters, people who ask rude questions "what are you?" I find that extremely offensive and I'll punch you in the face. I'm half centaur, asshole. You can fuck off now.

Nick likes this.
  2. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

When people aren't being cognizant of the way they're affecting the people in their surroundings. It's really obvious when someone could give two shits about how other people are reacting towards them and it's so annoying to see. And it's been said before, but it's even more annoying when they wear that indifference like a badge of honor.

inspectorkemp, elphshelf and Nick like this.
  3. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

This. Usually the same people that brag about how they don't have a filter and say incredibly mean/fucked up things to people on the regular.

NotBruce, inspectorkemp and Nick like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Was it difficult making it through the public school system as a half centaur? Did they make you use a different bathroom?

5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

When people tell me I'm too pretty to be single. It's definitely a backhanded compliment whether they realize it or not.

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i've been asked about my accent and where i'm from in job interviews twice now and i'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do that.

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

my mom kind of says things like that, mostly about celebrities. it's so weird.... "how is he not married yet!" etc. i'm like who cares.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I just want to be like I have a shitty personality that's why.

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That's my excuse

10. Just when anyone asks if I have a bf and say "how come" or "why not" (usually guys do this) after I say no makes me want to punch them in the face. Like geee idk why don't you ask the millions of guys that don't want to date me. I'm not dateable nor worthy of dating

Henry likes this.
  11. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I have a slightly mixed accent that leads people astray a lot. It doesn't necessarily annoy me, but some of the guesses people make are nonsensical. I'm pretty sure I don't sound Irish enough for so many people to think I do, for one.

12. ChaseTx

Curled moustaches. You automatically know those guys are gonna be a pain in the ass to talk to.

13. The handlebar mustache guys? I went on an okc date with a guy who later got one of those. Glad that ended.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

My sister's boyfriend spits snot, and I'm like, really? this is the guy?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. ChaseTx

I guess it is a handlebar. I always thought a handlebar moustache was where it frames the mouth like a goatee but without anything on the chin. But apparently that's called a horseshoe

16. I think both of those facial hair "dos" are so ugly. Is it bad I judge a guy off his facial hair choices? I also hate the chin straps or whatever its called

17. ChaseTx

It is absolutely fair to judge guys by facial hair imo

muttley likes this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

-People who have abrasive personalities and steamroll everyone else. I hate to see a more introverted person trying to speak up but they get ignored or pummeled cause others aren't paying attention to the needs of everyone in a group.

-People who take their anger out on others. I didn't do a thing to you so check yourself before you snap at me when I didn't do anything wrong.

-People who are like "Oh you have anxiety? I totally relate. I have shy 'moments' and I hate talking in front of large crowds of strangers" so you actually don't get it and you act like most ppl lol

19. This. Especially the anxiety thing. I almost screamed at a guy (took everything in my power to do) and kicked him out of my car because I was nearly having an anxiety attack and he says to me "you don't have anxiety you just don't know how to drive." If i knew where I was going I would of kicked him out and went home. Not only that but when I let him drive back, after telling him to open the door from the outside because the handle was breaking from inside, he nearly broke the handle off and I had to yell at him to stop

20. Kiana

It's so hard to keep cool when dealing with anxiety. I think people have a hard time understanding that anxiety isn't always rational and even if we know that, we can't stop feeling it and yelling at us or being rude about it won't help. I never get mad but I almost punched a friend in the face once cause she was being rude about it and pushing me to do something too abrasively when I was having a bout of anxiety. Like it may be silly to them but it's real to us and mocking or being mean won't help. Tough love is not a great approach.

21. I've never gotten that mad before. I already had previously told the guy that driving at night (and on a busy traffic night) in an unfamiliar area with one way streets will give me a little anxiety, and he didn't believe me. It ended up being worse than I thought, I guess his comments didn't make things easier for me. I don't talk to him anymore for other reasons.

22. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Oh my fucking god, there was this one guy back at my old dorm who did this shit all the time and it was so damn loud. There's nothing that grosses me the fuck out like trying to shower and hearing this asshole making aggressive blowjob noises on the other side of the bathroom.

This and anyone who talks like a 4chan user, since these personality types overlap a lot. I hate 4chan with every fiber of my being and you can always tell if somebody uses the site a lot by their personality because it's such a specific character type and it's the most insufferable person type in the world.

The latter half is pretty much every comment section on any site ever and it drives me insane. The best way I've ever heard someone put it is that freedom of speech is NOT a right to be heard. You can say whatever fucked shit you want but you have no right to force anyone to listen who doesn't want to. That, plus "FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!" is the worst possible argument because it is, quite literally, saying "I said it just because I can", and no other reason. That is a 4-year-old child's argument, fuck out of here.

Speaking of that, when people are apathetic and proud of it. I've lost friends in ugly ways before because they were literally incapable of ever giving a shit about anything but themselves and they came to wear this smug grin about it, all the time, and it became very disgusting over time. Even worse when they became incredibly patronizing to me when I started getting vocal about social issues because they were "worried" about me going "down the wrong path" with how aggressive about things I was becoming. In other words "nooooo, why are you starting to care about things, become cynical, apathetic and detached like me". Children, I swear.

Penguin likes this.
  23. Kiana

Guys who spit on the ground. It's disgusting. I've been so close to being spit on before and I know other ppl who have been spit on or almost spit on by oblivious guys. I want to understand. Why do y'all do that??? I've only ever seen one woman spit and I see men do it constantly. Is your spit heavier and harder to swallow or something? What is wrong with your mouth? I demand answers tbh!!

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. Dean Jun 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2016)
    Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I spit on the floor sometimes if I'm outside and no one else is around. I probably still shouldn't but I guess I'm self-conscious of saliva and phlegm and stuff being built up in my mouth and throat, and that gets rid of more of it than swallowing does.

ChaseTx likes this.
  25. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i can't get a good spit out and i sometimes wish i could to express distaste and disrespect for someone. i dont think i've ever actually wanted to do it but in theory it would be useful.

ChaseTx likes this.