Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Off-putting things about people • Page 31

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jun 2, 2016.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties in a full band performance on Friday in a very small venue. It was like maybe 80-100 people in this small room. Partially through the set Dan is doing his kind of rehearsed dialogue for the Aaron West character and someone screamed to play "Thunderbird Inn," and he took it in stride with a "we'll play every god damn song we have," and we all laughed. Dude screamed to play it again right when Dan was trying to intro it and it visibly made Dan angry (he was having guitar problems all set, too, which didn't help) and it's just like, why? What's the point of yelling it?

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

This person is seriously asking for money for moving expenses when they're the one who applied and accepted a job out of state. Also this same person starts and quits jobs within like two weeks. They should have stay where they were at for a while before decided to quit and make a big move only to realize "nvm I don't want this anymore"

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This dude in my singing class performed today and he is the biggest oversinger but it sounds SO bad. He had forced vibrato on every single note and it made the song sound so unstructured

4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Excessive vibrato is the worst

Carmen SD likes this.
  5. Carmen SD

Trusted

Bad attitude guy at my work is off putting. Just every time he opens his mouth

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Is it possible to find a friend who doesn't put guys in front of u or is that just standard fare

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

My friend makes me go on dates with guys she clearly knows I'm not interested in because she wants me to "give them a chance" :sly::sly:

8. Kiana

People who are super dramatic. Today a woman kept announcing "no we need to go THIS way" or "omg omg I'm going to just look over here!" To make it known that she disliked someone and wanted to avoid them and I'm like are u 14?? It's fine to dislike someone but there's no need to make a show of it. It bothers me when people have like no subtlety because they want everyone to know their business but then act like they dont. They feed off it but then try to act brand new.

9. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

People who rush you or try and assume the role of boss of all things as you're doing them a favor.

10. Carmen SD

Trusted

Saw the most "pro republican" bumper stickers today. This person had about 10 (no lie) bumper stickers on their 2wd long bed Silverado, that said something negative with either the words "liberal" or "democrat" in them. Like man okay we get it, you vote republican, no need to come off as a hateful jerk.

muttley and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  11. Kiana

My mom's mom has no tact at all. We went out to eat and she loudly says "someone got a sunburn!" About this lady seated close to us, and she loudly brought it up a few more times during the meal. It was embarrassing. She's always so vocal and blunt about other ppl in front of them like sis nobody cares what u think of them and u don't even know them so why do u care?? It's weird.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. Carmen SD

Trusted

People who hate on certain things only to do that thing later on. Example: the septum piercing. I know lots of people I went to school with who hated on it and commented how ugly it is and it made people look ugly, only to get that piercing a few years later. Same thing with bindis. People made fun of the bindi, yet later on they're all about it :sly::sly::sly::sly::sly:

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

This woman that works in my building has the loudest laugh I've ever heard. She's always been nice to me but sometimes when we're in the break room at the same time, I want to pack my lunch up and leave. It echoes like you wouldn't believe.

I've shit on stuff only to find out later that I was wrong.

14. Kiana

I do that with songs and fashion because I am a sheep apparently lol. The day anyone sees me applauding velvet coming back needs to slap me tho.

15. Carmen SD

Trusted

The idiots on social media that have to turn every picture post political. I mainly see this from the trump supporters. Early today a guy commented on a post "this is what happens when you let liberals run the country" or something along those lines. The comments usually is a negative comment towards "liberals" (and they use every variation of that word they can come up with) whenever they make a comment. They (trump supporters) act like the people that dislike him associate with the democratic party, have liberal views, and love Hilary (and they have to throw in "your candidate lost, get over it" yet they whined and threw a tantrum for 8 years while Obama was in office- obviously they didn't "get over it" when their candidate lost, AND they fail to realize a lot of people hated Hilary too). Like um, the post had nothing to do with politics, why try to turn it hateful. It just makes my blood boil to see so much hate come out of people, then they deny it and act like they haven't done any wrong while make up excuses to justify their hate. It's the worst hate I've seen come from people since the election was starting a year+ ago. It really makes me question everyone I meet/come in contact with.

/rant

16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

...and if I may add. When people somehow spin every single conversation into something politically charged when it doesn't have to go there. Like...do those people really enjoy thinking about politics 24/7? It's got to be a miserable way of life.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  17. Carmen SD

Trusted

Right. There's always one that has to make a comment and then get everyone else agitated and the hateful people come out. I'm slowly getting around to removing the hate supporters off my friends list so I see less of the content come up.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  18. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'll post something off putting about myself as I know there are things I need to work on.

I'm very much a, "drink a beer and get over it," kinda person. I'm just not good with expressing emotion and being receptive to others' emotions. That's the way my dad is so it's been hard to break that habit. I will say that this site has helped in breaking that trait a bit, but I still have work to do.

19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's good you can admit this. I didn't and it's ultimately lead to / leading to my divorce. I've been going to therapy to fix exactly this.

20. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh..I'm sorry to hear that. It's definitely not easy, but it's great that you're taking the steps to make a change. I'm actually the best with my wife, but im awful with coworkers and people I consider acquaintances. Like, I'm in a position where people want to come to me to talk about issues and I feel myself looking right through them. I don't WANT to do that, but It's just really hard to care sometimes.

colorlesscliche likes this.
  21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. Except I've been like that with everyone (family, friends, wife, etc.).

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  22. Kiana

Def off putting about me, but I hate how I lack any discipline. There are so many things I wanna do and learn but I start, become convinced that I'll never learn it or be as good as other people at it, and I quit. I'm jealous of people who know like 4 languages and play 7 instruments or people who can do art or build things or really ppl who do anything well. I can never be dedicated/ambitious enough to have a talent.

ChiliTacos and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

same I have low frustration tolerance so I give up immediately and then feel bad that I have no skills

MikeyPaine and Kiana like this.
  24. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

People who always try and get away with giving/putting in the least but always wanna be involved, added plus if they're quick to accuse people of slighting them. smh

suicidesaints likes this.
  25. Kiana

I'm not sure when people started to think it was acceptable to watch videos on their phone loudly while we're also watching a movie or tv show or even just while I'm talking to them, but that's rly annoying and I wish they'd stop.