Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Off-putting things about people • Page 30

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

"Fake" people. Like bad attitude guy. He acts all friendly with other co workers and shit, but is nasty towards me. It's kinda funny hearing how he speaks to others and acts towards them. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  2. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

When people are on their cellphones while checking out at a grocery store...

I worked retail all through high school and college and would refuse to check someone out if they were on their phone. Be a decent human being and put the damn thing down.. Now I sound like my grandpa.

3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Yesterday this guy sat across from me in the library and was chewing gum, but he would take part of the gum out of his mouth and twirl and twist it around his finger. I was disgusted. He also had this maniacal, deranged look on his face, so I'm scared to know what was on the computer screen in front of him. I had to get up and move, shit was so sickening.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

People who buy like 15 things at the pharmacy, this isn't a supermarket and there's only like one cashier

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I even put my phone on vibrate when I'm in line anywhere. My ringtone is loud and I don't want to annoy anyone with it.

6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Conversely, when cashiers continue attempt to make small talk when it's clear I don't want to small talk.

7. devenstonow

Noobie

I did this once at a food truck while talking to my mom (about something somewhat serious). The guy took my phone and told her to scold me. I was cracking up, while my mom was almost in tears thinking she got me banned from the food truck

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

That food truck sounds off putting to me.

Heading to the airport tomorrow, where everything and everyone is off putting.

9. PearlWisdom

Pineapple goes on pizza

ALL OF THIS. I worked fast food in high school and college and nothing is worse than trying to take someones fucking order but they aren't paying enough attention to you because they're on their phone, and now the line is backing up and people are getting angry but I can't say anything because the manager doesn't want to upset the customer and I'm 17 and too scared to say anything.

ChrisCantWrite and Carmen SD like this.
  10. Kiana Apr 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2017)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Recently I was at my bank and the line was long so I called my sis to see if for some reason my debit card had JUST arrived, so then I wouldn't have to get the temp one anyway. The line ended up being super quick and my sister was still walking upstairs to the mailbox. I was panicking so hard and apologized to the teller and I think it was only like 30 seconds i was on the phone in front of the teller but it felt like an hour! But then it had arrived and I didn't need the teller so it ended up being quicker than if I had to order a temp card. I hope it evened out my life score lol

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

If I was a manager id have a "right to refused service" sign and tell my employees to refuse service to anyone talking on their phones while ordering (because of course it's rude). When the customers is finished talking on the phone, then their order can be taken. I'd come up with a 'script' something like "to ensure our employees can prodive optimum customer service, please refrain from talking on your phone whilst ordering."

12. Carmen SD

Trusted

It irks me when people post on social media "I miss not being able to go on random trips across the country whenever I feel like it". No need to brag... Not everyone has a job where they can take days off whenever they feel like it. Nor can everyone afford it. It makes you sound ungrateful.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Semi-related... when people go through a fast food drive thru and order one hundred thousand things. Take that ish inside please!

Edit: And also people who back into parking spaces.

14. Kiana

This woman I know who sings all the time and isn't good at it. Which is fine. I'm not either lol and I still go at it in the car. But she's 4ever bragging about how great she is. She is constantly over-singing songs all loudly and adding these extra runs and criticizes other singers and I'm just like... oh sis. I just cannot. It wouldn't even matter but she sings constantly and then compares herself to Adele.

MikeyPaine and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

100%...like, I know there will be times when it's necessary, but more likely than not..you're just being an ass.

16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Although I do agree, I think it's possible to feel this way. Like hey..I went on way more vacations when I lived at home as a teenager, but now I'm in the real world and can't afford to take awesome trips every year. It's definitely all perspective.

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

I feel like it could be worded differently. Especially since it wasn't even that long ago. There's people my age who probably make the same amount as I do and go on vacations all the time. It makes me wonder where they get the money from and some rub it in people's faces. I wouldn't be too happy if I was their employer.

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I really hate it when people drag out their southern accents when speaking to someone who isn't from here. God strike me down bc I love Britney Spears but I can't listen to the way she talks for the 1st part of her career. Yeesh.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

people who yell things during concerts, bands have setlists for a reasons and I can't hear the person I want to hear perform over your damn yelling

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Especially when it's a show with a huge production that they would have needed to rehearse for, or when it's a huge hit that they will clearly play later in the show

21. Kiana

One time at a Thursday show someone was yelling JET BLACK NEW YEAR the entire time. Like after every song. Like dude, they play it every time. They will play it. Stop.

22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Passive aggressiveness, Subtweets makes me want to tear my hair out.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I can be passive aggressive and petty whoops

24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Then I don't like you anymore. Sorry it had to come to this, Ian.

[​IMG]

ChaseTx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

ChaseTx and AelNire like this.