Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Off-putting things about people • Page 27

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jun 2, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This woman at work has a doorbell for her phone's ringtone and she always has the volume at 200% - It's SOOOOO loud and jarring. I've told her something before, but she doesn't give a shit and she's friends with the higher ups so there's not much I can do, but if she ever leaves her phone out of her sight, it might be the last time she sees it.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It seems like everyone I work with has a super loud obnoxious ringtone they keep at full blast. Weird baby noises, country songs, door bells... like what happened to vibrate??

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Remember when everyone had ringtones and now if your phone isn't on silent you're a monster

ChrisCantWrite and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

yeah a bad ringtone is an off-putting thing about a person totally

one of few instances where i pass a little judgment if I don't know you haha. I don't know why?

5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Having your ringtone on super loud is definitely an old person thing.

6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

If topic but the wife and I were discussing this last night actually haha. Like remember when it was a huge deal to have your favorite song as your ringtone? And there were a ton of websites/text calls that you could use to DL them and such? Like you could even do midi versions and shit.

What happened to all that?!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I keep my ringer on full volume, but it's just a normal telephone ringing. My personal phone is also my work phone and I tend to be inside loud bars and restaurants for work, so vibrate would just mean I'd be missing the phone call 10000% of the time.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah it just stopped being a thing one day

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I remember when I downloaded a ringtone of Thriller and I thought it was the coolest thing ever

10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I loved when people would record ringtones of songs playing on the radio using their phone and it would be a barely recognizable fuzzy mess of noise. Those were the good days.

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Ah, the ringtone mix tape. Good times, good times

mattav152 likes this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

ive had every annoying voicemail ever.

1) 12 year old me playing green day chords and singing in a whiney ass voice "please leave a message after the toooooooooone" *guitar slide* *BEEP*

2) unintelligible quote from the kid in the GI JOE clip "motorcyle" - "man, im bout to put da pussa wit a wicka widda man!" *BEEP*

3) now im 15 or 16 and think that i'm more clever and laid back or whatever and say "hello? ..................................................... yep that's great, but leave me a message about it cause I'm not here." *BEEP*

By 18 i got my act together I think and just let my phone company say my number isnt available and the box is full.
    /have never taken voicemail seriously in my life for some reason

lightning13, mattav152 and RileyWitiw like this.
  13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I once got really drunk when I was around 20 and someone recorded me singing "My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard" as my voicemail only I didn't realize it for like six weeks when my mom finally asked me what the hell was wrong with my voice mail.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Two of my friends do an excellent cover of that song as a duet on the piano

bigmike likes this.
  15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I find it irritating when someone criticizes something you enjoy doing but then offers no feedback or examples to improve. Oh you don't like the memes I post in a group chat? Then step the fuck up and show me what's good then.

TedSchmosby and RileyWitiw like this.
  16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

mad and DarkHotline like this.
  17. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

That's legendary hahaha

18. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I don't know if this is off-putting or not: I saw a guy waiting in the checkout line at the grocery store today eating from the bag of Funyuns that he had yet to pay for. Is this a normal practice? I'm not saying it's stealing or anything, it's just I've never seen that before

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I do that all the time minus the paying-for-it part.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  20. Carmen SD

Trusted

Speaking of ringtones, I wish you could increase the strength of vibrate. I don't have the ringer on at work and if my phone is in my back pocket or side pocket, I can't feel it vibrate. I hardly keep it on my cart and my pocket is just easier. I use my phone for emergencies (were allowed to if you're working with medication). And at times I miss important calls

Now to off-putting things. The other day I saw a minivan with several pro-trump stickers. One of them said "don't trust fake news". I laughed. Will never be able to stand trump supporters.

21. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

fascism

22. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Unfortunately yes, ugh. I can't stand that either. I've seen parents get their kids a donut or pastry from the bakery case thing and eat it before paying for it. Who knows if it actually gets paid for

23. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

Yeah you should only do this if 1) you don't have to actually open anything, and 2) the cashier doesn't have to touch it to ring it up

Example: slushies at a gas station

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I really can't judge anyone. I've ripped off and eaten a few pieces of broccoli from the crown I'm about to buy, and the price of those is determined by weight, so I'm stealing more than Funyuns guy over there

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

People who wear shoes that don't have a back on them (mainly flipflops) and they drag their feet when walking.