Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Off-putting things about people • Page 26

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jun 2, 2016.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

people who eat and get food all over their lips/cheek and don't clean it. sorry but that ruins my appetite when I see it.

2. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I love my grandma but she does that and I just can't handle it when I'm eating haha.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

People who take pride in being rude and difficult but it's okay they're just being sarcastic or " busting your balls"

inspectorkemp, Colby Searcy and Jacob like this.
  4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

haha what the fuck. "friends" is right

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

ohhhh ya. "I have a big personality take it or leave it". Like, that's fine, but if you're using that to justify being rude than I'll definitely leave it haha.

6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

theres a difference between sarcasm to lighten the mood, and sarcasm as a means of condescension/fuming unnecessary negative feelings. I'm "growing apart" from some friends right now who can't tell the difference and their constant negativity brings me down. After the 40th sarcastic comment its just not fucking funny anymore and it's like, why do you have to insult/criticize/nitpick every last little thing to begin with? Just wears on you after awhile.

I've learned from them that complaining/harshly criticizing a situation tends to backfire and create cyclical patterns of repeated stress, because you make a habit of never letting the little things slide and start creating problems out of nothing.

7. goation

Regular

i act this way sometimes out of insecurity of being honest or complimentary to my friends and family. like i don't know how to communicate love to them so i just joke around a lot and can be quite rude. i need to work on that

8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

It was hard, but I had to teach myself to say "I love you" to my friends. Once you can do that though it's very gratifying. Makes it easier to love yourself too and you'd be surprised how much love you'll receive in return.

9. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

pinegrove old friends has the best lyric: "I should call my parents when I think of them, should tell my friends when I love them"

10. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

After my old housemate died in a car accident completely out of nowhere that song resonated hard with me. Love people in your life while you still can.

mad and Colby Searcy like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I definitely use humor as a defense mechanism too, look at me I'm Chandler

12. cherrywaves

Trusted

I was definitely super sarcastic with my friends for most of high school and early college. I'd say some pretty raucous shit, but I always would additionally make sure they knew I had their back. I look back and feel like I was such a pain in the ass, it does get totally old after awhile

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. TedSchmosby Apr 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2017)
    TedSchmosby

Trusted

It's a silly thing to be bothered by, but I guess that's a lot of what this thread is: People who hold their fork with a closed fist like it's a goddamn club and lower their head to the plate to shovel food into their mouth. That gets me

AelNire, MikeyPaine and Zac Djamoos like this.
  14. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

While a few of us are on the topic of "shitty friends", it's just frustrating being around people who are conditioned to think they can walk all over people and it's okay. I'm at odds with one of my long-time friends over it at the moment, because I didn't know she was such a negative/condescending person until I made some new friends in the last year, and they don't treat me like that. Crystal clear vision.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Ugh I hate people who say rude shit but justify it by saying that they "tell it like it is" or whatever
    Like if you really just "tell it like it is" and don't have much of a filter then why don't you randomly compliment people or say anything nice? 'cause you're just an asshole.

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Subhuman molemen lol That's shitty but the way you worded the paragraph made me legit lol.

17. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Exactly what happened to me. I moved to a new city, made all new friends, and realized that a major reason I felt like some irresponsible fuck up all the time is because my two best friends/roommates at the time constantly made me feel that way with their sarcastic pessimism. Little did I know a lot of my personality flaws that caused me constant anxiety, were actually considered minor or not noticed by most people... and it became much easier to work on myself when I was around more friends who weren't quick to pass judgment.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  18. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

This.

I've had so much personal growth over the last 7-8 months based on these new people in my life. Being around people who help and support you grow, and genuinely love you for who you are is a beautiful thing.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  19. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

On the subject, I have a friend who has an intense superiority complex over me for our political opinions. We're both as left-wing as they come but the difference between us is that I don't back off when someone (especially in our Discord chat) has a shitty opinion, whereas he is perfectly content to aggressively change the subject, and try to shut me up. Later on in private messages waving his oh-so-mature finger at me for being "needlessly confrontational" and "beating dead horses" and "saying things nobody wants to hear". Especially pisses me off since this is the guy that literally never replies to me whenever I send him something, however personal, but it's perfectly reasonable for him to waltz in and vent to me whenever he pleases or demand I comment on things he's sent me.

Vent session, I know. But this fair-weather-friend motherfucker has really been getting on my nerves lately. A lot of my friends have, to be truthful - even though some of it is my fault.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  20. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Same boat on the friends thing, but how is some of it your fault?

inspectorkemp likes this.
  21. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I've been in an underlying unhealthy state of being as of late thanks to my ADHD/depression which pretty much makes me go multiple days without replying to friends at all because I cannot find any motivation to tab over to Skype or pull out my phone and type a response, no matter how simple. That, or I just forget outright. It's lead to some friction as of late.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  22. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Cliche as this may sound, but a real friend understands when someone is going through that stuff. Anybody who gives you shit for dealing with that stuff, fuck them off.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  23. CauseofDeath

With rotting ways comes destiny

I hate when people whisper. Especially in a room full of people, just loud enough to where you notice it, but quiet enough to where it's completely unintelligible. Women do this in the office I work at daily. Drives me nuts.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Of course, yes. The trouble is that I neglect to mention to people when I'm going through rough patches, thus leaving them in the dark and confused. That much is on me if nothing else - I hear you, though. I wouldn't fuck with anyone who didn't understand the problems my disorders cause.

25. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Haha surprised anybody else remembers it! I was completely unprepared for the shitstorm that ended up being.

Mission accomplished :-p

AelNire and Colby Searcy like this.