Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Off-putting things about people • Page 25

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I haven't seen many hoarders episode but this one they even held the dead cat it was so sad

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My ex's grandparents were hoarders. His grandma grew up poor and and moved around a lot so nothing was ever really hers or it was temporary and fleeting so when she got older she wanted all the things. She'd go to yardsales and go wild. She also fed the raccoons that would hang out on her front porch. Their house is ridic and legit needs to be condemned or something.

3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

My grandma was a hoarder. I don't think she was as bad as some of the people on that show, but it was pretty bad. I remember the basement was completely inaccessible, as well as the guest room. She could barely even get into her own room to sleep. A lot of nights I think she ended up on the couch. It didn't really register with me that she had a problem until I was in middle school, I think. I just thought she was messy when I was a kid. But no, she definitely would have qualified as a hoarder.

suicidesaints likes this.
  4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Thinking about hoarding and all the shit my gparents had led me to think about their scuba equipment which led to me thinking about my PawPaw and how wild his job was. He scuba dove for dead bodies.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. crazy nate

Harumph

I can't help but ask, was that one of many things he did, or are there enough submerged dead people to do that kind of thing full time?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Oh no he had another job and helped them when he was free.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. crazy nate

Harumph

Yeah, that makes sense. There are always a disturbing amount of drownings where bodies aren't recovered for awhile (if at all) every year around my state. Lots of coastline, rivers, rural areas, and people always on the water, so I could see it being a full time, and very depressing job.

8. AelNire Mar 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2017)
    AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I would die of a heart attack if I was scuba diving and I ran into a corpse.

Colby Searcy and Kiana like this.
  9. Carmen SD

Trusted

People who judge others about certain things.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

So, like, everyone in this thread?

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

*thinking on how to phase what I'm saying??*

I made that post because the other day this guy laughed about a possible choice this other guy has made for himself, which I found uncalled for. He may not agree with it for something he would do, but I didn't think there is any reason to laugh. Judge a person off their character not for certain choices, especially the one that guy made. And I'm going to leave it at that, don't want to get into further detail

12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Judgey Mcjudgersons

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

It is sad that most people just never leave immaturity. I don't find most things funny, honestly. I laugh at comedic videos, jokes in shows/movies, etc, but I don't like to laugh at most people, I honestly try not to. I take the world more seriously because life is serious.

If I believe something is truly harmful, I will try to advise them.

Similarly, the way a lot of people, still in this forum, act towards video games, TV shows, or music is still very sad, for example. Chorus has come a long, long way from APnet, and it is much much better. But there are still some who probably think they're superior because they have stubborn opinions about things they haven't even tried. I just want to get along with people where possible. There is no need for people to make things difficult when there is no genuine reason to do so. Life sucks, time is short, and we don't need to keep being like this. People are over the age of 18 and still get really intense and aggressive over the most minor of disagreements and perspectives. If I've acted this way, it's only because I believe it's been initiated or provoked, so I do it in response/as a reaction. Otherwise, it is unnecessary when there are dozens of things to actually worry about in daily life, let alone the rest of the world. Personally, I consider it a privilege that we can even argue about such things, really.

So it's better to put your energy towards knowing if something is really worth getting mad or judging people over - I mean, opinions about media? Unless it comes into seriously problematic situations or delves into politics, it's not usually a big deal. How you can expect people to feel any sympathy towards you for anything when this is how you choose to behave towards other people over stupid things is bewildering. I particularly do not care for competition in which TV show or album or game is better. We can have disagreements, but the way people get truly vile about it sometimes, then complain about others doing that, is beyond comprehension. If you want people to be treated equally, then you should start and look at how you treat people first.

Ken and inspectorkemp like this.
  14. Kiana

Traveling edition:

People who bring their whole life with them traveling. I pack too many clothes and makeup, but like I'd go with my ex and his fam and they'd bring giant fans and tons of suitcases to the hotel and buy lots of TV dinners even tho they only ate out and I'm like WE'RE HERE FOR TWO DAYS. My coworker has to bring all her pillows and bedspread with her when she travels and I'm like get outta here!!

Also at the pdx airport only a few chairs have outlets to charge ur phone when ur waiting at the gate, and people who hover for them are so annoying. Last time I had the outlet and my plane was boarding soon. A lady who was boarding the plane after mine hovered over me for like 15 minutes instead of just sitting nearby until I left and omg I wanted to smack her like get off my grill stop being a hoverer!

iCarly Rae Jepsen and RileyWitiw like this.
  15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Follow up for traveling, people that bring dogs on flights.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

YES! Fuck you and your "service animal" that you HAVE to fly with.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't mean to sound insensitive to people that need service animals, it just makes me more anxious on flights. I guess I find myself off-putting too haha.

18. RileyWitiw Mar 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2017)
    RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

It really has come so far though.

I'll never forget one time on AP when I got crucified by all these cool dudes for liking drunken campfire sing alongs. Not even lightly chirped, it was straight up social rejection as though me and everyone I knew were all subhuman molemen.

Letterbomb31, AelNire and lightning13 like this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Pets can easily die while flying. I'd rather see a pet in the cabin of an airplane than underneath it.

bigmike and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  20. Kiana Mar 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2017)
    Kiana

K I have one friend I travel or do things with and I tried to branch out and travel with a different friend and it's not working. I was in the hotel room alone so I turned on the TV. After she came back she dead srs turned on the other TV in the room so now there's two tvs playing at the same time and then she raised the volume on hers to overpower mine. I'm sitting here like "...." I honestly don't even know what to say because it's so ridiculous. It's a standard pretty small hotel room I legit don't even know why it has two tvs this is madness.

She also sings along to the radio but over-sings in a way that is less fun and more "auditioning for American Idol" and tbh it's not great sounding. I don't sing great either but if ur gonna boast I mean...... Then Adele came on and she was all "finally someone who sings in my range!" And I was like

tumblr_inline_n2tubs3oIm1s9979a.gif

She's super nice and I like hanging with her but there are these lil things I cannot handle!! It's so hard to find a compatible traveling buddy

21. Kiana

Okay finally I was like "A DOG SOLVED THIS MURDER. A DOG! I NEED TO HEAR THIS! #NoDisrepsectToOneTreeHill but like the only thing a dog did on OTH is eat organ donations. This dog SOLVED A MURDER."

She turned it down but is still watching it omg

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. vee

loud chewers particularly loud gum chewers

23. Kiana

People who insist on giving homeless ppl food instead of money, and then whine that they must not really need the money if they don't accept the food. Maybe everyone has that mentality so they're given food all day and are full and don't have a fridge to store it in?? Maybe what they want is to afford a hot shower or god forbid, alcohol. If I was living on the streets in the freezing cold and rain id like a vice or distraction too jfc

24. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

People who speak on your behalf, but in a condescending way.

Eg. was out for dinner with some "friends" recently (we're growing apart, hence the quotation marks...) but like, the waiter came up and we were all ordering and my friend was like "Rob hates seafood so he won't have the fish. Also, I bet he orders the burger because he has simple tastebuds." People who do that to make the other person feel lesser are human garbage.

Two things, I love seafood, and what the fuck are 'simple tastebuds'?! And the other thing, never speak on my behalf if you're gonna be a bitch about it.

25. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I exactly remember that and it was so dumb