Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Off-putting things about people • Page 24

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Henry, Jun 2, 2016.

1. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

This. Even before I developed a lot of political opinions, I always made the observation that "liberal" was used as an insult all the god damn time - but I had, and still have not once heard someone use "Republican", "righty" or "conservative" as an insult. Never. Not once. Sure, I've heard them spoken distastefully, but I've seriously never in my life heard anyone go "oh shut the fuck up Republican" or some shit like that.

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

Trump supporter using "liberal" as an insult. This was from the comments on the video of the guy that put his life in danger when a man went into a bar and shot at two men we thought were Muslim.

image.png

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

literally how my own family reacted. lol

inspectorkemp likes this.
  4. David-

Trusted

I have heard people use "Republican" or "Conservative" as insults. Not as often as "Liberal" is thrown around, but I have heard them used as insults.

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I call people republican even when it isn't relevant. It's just a stand-in for idiot, moron, etc, for me

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Well, you're not gonna get much defense from this forum regarding this. lol

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I don't say conservative or Republican in positive tones lol but I also don't use it as a stand-in insult. Like I'd say "oh.... they're a Republican" in a displeased way haha but I wouldn't say something weird and unrelated like "they were late today, must be republican."

inspectorkemp and crazy nate like this.
  8. Kiana

When ur in a discussion/argument with someone and u can tell by their face that they know they lost and their argument has fallen apart, but they still try it.

mad and inspectorkemp like this.
  9. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

That's usually when the ad hominem starts coming out.

10. Kiana

Ok I feel like I'm off-put by my friend who dislikes someone else. Which is fine, dislike them. But when she's telling a story about something that happened with that person, she uses a super snotty tone for them and I'm like OK I was there and they did not sound like that at all. And then I'm the off-putting friend cause I tell her that instead of listening to her vent and being there lol. But I feel like at some point you gotta realize u have a bias and are exaggerating their behavior to suit ur dislike and in turn can be just as mean as ur accusing then of being. Idk...

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Some lady was yelling in Starbucks earlier today because she was having problems with her Starbucks app that had nothing to do with the store. The employee was acting so kind and polite and she was screaming at him and insulting him and I don't know how the fuck someone can act like that.

12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

People are insane. I worked at an apple orchard in the fall and I once had a lady get angry because she had to pay. Not because the price was too high, no, because she didn't think she should have to pay to go pick apples and partake in our activities. I had no idea what to say to that.

13. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

people who are unhygienic and untidy ;_; i feel nauseated.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Garrett L. like this.
  14. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i love my flatmates as people but i am ready to live alone

15. crazy nate Mar 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2017)
    crazy nate

Harumph

People that only seem to watch bad reality TV. Shit like hoarders, my 600 lb. Life, scared straight, intervention, my strange addiction, etc.

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

You're crazy those shows are insane that you CAN'T stop watching honestly

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I don't watch Scared Straight or Hoarders but I watch the rest of those listed. I can't make it 5 minutes into Hoarders with out crying bc it's so sad.

18. crazy nate

Harumph

I just feel bad for everyone on those kind of shows. It also seems like it doesn't matter to any network if the people actually get any better, so I can't help but feel it's exploitative and more than a smidge scuzzy.

Scared Straight especially pisses me off because the approach used has been proven to be counter productive.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. Carmen SD

Trusted

I kinda like "my strange addiction", don't like "600lb life" and don't really care for "hoarders". Haven't seen the rest. I recently saw a hoarders episode where one of the lady's cats ran outside and just died right there, and I cried. Can't believe people would keep pets in a bad living situation. I wish there was a pet protective services where they'll take your pet away and give it to a pet foster family

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

when people are loud and obnoxious I almost instantly dislike them.

21. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

People that overtake conversations with their dragged out stories that you could give 2 craps about.

22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

People who don't say please and thank you. It costs $0 to be polite people!!!

fame, bigmike, AelNire and 2 others like this.
  23. jorbjorb

7 rings

I too h8 stinky people!

24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm not exaggerating when I say my friends like to watch Hoarders and every episode I saw I ended up crying or at the least tearing up. It's sad and you're right when they have animals I'm just like..dead.

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

This is a super old post but this is one of my biggest annoyances on public transportation. My friends and I often say that we should have a mandatory class for all the students who come here on public transit dos and don'ts.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.