Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Of Monsters and Men Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, May 8, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Of Monsters and Men is a five-member, English-language,[2]indie folk-pop[3][4] band from Reykjavík,[5] Iceland, formed in 2010. The members are lead singer/guitarist Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir, co-singer-guitaristRagnar "Raggi" Þórhallsson, guitarist Brynjar Leifsson, drummer Arnar Rósenkranz Hilmarsson and bassist Kristján Páll Kristjánsson.[6][7] The band won the Músíktilraunir in 2010, an annual battle of the bands competition in Iceland.[8] In 2011, Of Monsters and Men released an EP titled Into the Woods. The band's 2011 debut album My Head Is an Animal, reached the No.1 position in Australia, Iceland, Ireland and the U.S. Rock and Alternative Charts, while peaking at No. 6 on the U.S. Billboard 200 album chart, No. 3 in the UK, and Top 20 of most European charts and Canada. Its lead single "Little Talks" was an international success, reaching the Top 10 in most music charts in Europe, including No. 1 in Ireland and Iceland, and No. 1 on U.S. Alternative Songs.

I don't know if this band is too popular around here, but I really loved My Head is an Animal, and while I really liked Beneath the Skin, I didn't love it until the past few days going back to it. Would honestly be a top 10 of 2015 album for me now.

2. Inna Selez

Regular

Respect groups who focus on good lyrics and have their own style. I will add your topic with one of their video clips.

3. I've enjoyed what I've heard, but I never listened to an album.

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This is one of my favorite songs on their first album.

If you ever feel like listening to one, I recommend Beneath the Skin over My Head Is an Animal just because it sounds so much more focused.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Awksome and Inna Selez like this.
  6. Inna Selez

Regular

I get goosebumps when listen to this song. Wonder where are they sitting - looks like lighthouse.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

I don't think it's the same one from the video, but I would guess it's a lighthouse?

Nonetheless, the song is incredibly beautiful

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New ep is really really good. Love the new direction.