Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Of Mice & Men’s Austin Carlile Talks About His Heart Surgery

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Austin Carlile from Of Mice & Men spoke with Christina O’Neill at Team Rock about how he was “clinically dead for three hours” during heart surgery:

It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever gone through. It’s hard to go through something like that that’s dangerous in general, and just to not know if you’re gonna be there, four, five or six hours later. When I had my heart surgery, my heart was stopped.

“They put my head in a whole thing of ice, to stop your brain activity, you’re dead. I was clinically dead for three hours while they did the procedure.

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

That stuff terrifies me. But even heartburn scares me!

mattylikesfilms and Schooner like this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Real talk man

Turkeylegz likes this.
  4. AllenRicketts

Regular

I met him once at Six Flags when I was working there as a young man. His father was extraordinarily kind. I don't like his music but I'm always sort of rooting for him because he was so pleasant. That's all I got.

Turkeylegz likes this.