Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Odesza - A Moment Apart (September 8, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 12, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

GRAMMY-nominated duo ODESZA return with their first new music in nearly four years with brand new single, ‘The Last Goodbye’, featuring acclaimed blues and soul singer Bettye LaVette.

‘The Last Goodbye’ was initially conceived when the duo discovered the original vocal in Bettye LaVette’s 1965 song ‘Let Me Down Easy’. Impressed by the power of the Blues Hall of Famer’s voice, the duo then deconstructed and rebuilt the track fusing cinematic sweeping synths and a modern electronic sound to complement Betty’s rich vocals. The single was premiered today on The Zane Lowe Show on Apple Music 1, confirming what many fans had been hoping for after spotting cryptic clues on the duo’s website which teased their return to music.

ODESZA says: “This song was born out of the concept of trying to bring these lasting, defining musical pieces like the 1965 release of ‘Let Me Down Easy’ by Bettye LaVette into a modern and contemporary electronic setting. The idea of bringing two worlds together, that at first seem distant, has always been something we’ve been drawn to. It was an absolute honour to be able to work with Bettye’s voice over the course of writing the track. She’s able to convey emotion with her vocal work unlike any other. To date, this has been one of the more fulfilling songs we’ve had the chance to work on as artists. We hope everyone who listens enjoys the track as much as we did making it.”

2. irthesteve

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like the Last Goodbye more but this is still pretty cool. Sounds like a great poolside song

4. irthesteve

New song is super groovy, I like it

5. irthesteve

6. irthesteve