Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Octopath Traveler Series Video Game • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 18, 2018.

1. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I don't feel like I'm doing extra grinding or anything but ever since I've been at my 2nd Chapter 2 the game has been so easy to the point where it's almost boring. I'm slapping all the bosses in under 5 minutes, often without needed to heal at all. They really need to have the chapter difficulty scale more once you've completed some.

That being said I know I've read here and other places that there's a big difficulty jump again once you get to Chapter 3s.

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Chap 4's and extra bosses will wreck you don't worry.

theagentcoma and loudasallgetout like this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

yeah some of the Chapter 4 bosses are tough. Hell there were a couple Chapter 3 bosses that caught me off guard

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Slapped Erhardt in like 6 turns. Was so anti-climactic. Olberic was like level 45 though sooo....

theagentcoma likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

Yeah the fight itself isn't that great, but I really liked that whole chapter and its setup.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That slightly hidden old man NPC that only has a bunch of candy is amazing.

gonz (Alex) and theagentcoma like this.
  7. theagentcoma

my moral code demanded that I steal it all from him

but I also steal from dogs and kids in this game too so I guess I have no code

8. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Basically steal everything from everyone. I feel like Therion has to be a mainstay in your party otherwise you are passing up free items all the time. Not to mention that there’s a locked chest in pretty much every dungeon.

He kind of feels broken too with his steal HP and steal SP moves.

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

I honestly don't use him much. It's nice to not have to backtrack to places for purple chests but I basically only use him for stealing stuff. I use Tressa subbed as a Thief so I can have access to Armor Corrosive, which is such a good debuff against bosses.

10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Therion is a must in town but I don't like him in combat so I never have him with me and hate myself every time I miss those purple chests.

11. theagentcoma

Just finished 99/100 sidequests. Now all I have left is the final dungeon. I'm not ready for it to be over :(

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I’m still slowly working through this. Just finished all the chapter 3s. Didn’t come close to losing to any of the bosses... I think I’m way overpowered lol.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Chap 4 will kick your ass. Especially the advanced job bosses. Real humbling.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Good! Looking forward to getting wrecked lol.

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. theagentcoma

I went into the final dungeon all ready to finish the game. Beat all 8 mini-bosses, separated my party into 2 teams. Realized I forgot to equip my second party with any gear. There's no opportunity to do that before the fight. Didn't even try to fight the final boss. Haven't played it since lol

I'll give it another shot, it just takes like 40 minutes to beat the mini-bosses.

16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

It finally happened!!!! Smashed all the Chap 4 bosses I've done so far so I was beginning to think I was going to cruise through the game but I just tried the Starseer and died after a 30 minute fight lol. Had everyone at full health and then she just smashed everyone with one attack lol.

oldjersey likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

Oh man you've got to utilize some shenanigans for that one. The secret bosses definitely require some strategy.

I used this guy's channel for a lot of the late game stuff:

18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I just beat it on my 4th try. Think I would have had it on my 3rd try but I accidentally used the wrong skill about 20 minutes in. Excited to try working in these cool new jobs to my party.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. theagentcoma

I would suggest Sorceror next. Save Warmaster for last.

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I really love this game and don't want it to end. Have 3 chapter 4s left. Just smashed Runelord on the first try with a random party. Just Warmaster left.

That Direwolf kicked my ass though.

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

It's such a beautiful game. I bought the Switch just for it. I think it will be a long time before I get excited enough for a game to do something like that again. I might have to replay it again soon haha.

And yeah, save the Direwolf for last. That guy is an asshole.

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Just finished my last chapter last night. All the chapter 4s felt like a joke unfortunately. I never felt link I did any extra grinding for levels but my Olberic was like lvl 73 by the end. Oh well.

Time to finish up the side quests and find this bonus dungeon.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. theagentcoma

Good on you for the perseverance

24. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

The Direwolf is an absolute peice of shit and I'm so thankful for it. Almost every other boss was a joke but this guy is giving me a real hard time. I'll try again later!!!

theagentcoma likes this.
  25. theagentcoma

yeah I think it's supposed to be the hardest boss other than the final one. keeps summoning his damn buddies