Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Octopath Traveler Series Video Game • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Jul 18, 2018.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Haven't read the article because of the spoilers, but apparently the author has penned some pretty terrible articles. I'll leave it at that until I finish the game, I guess. Which might be awhile because I just started my first Chapter 4 lol.

When did you guys go for the secret sub-jobs?

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I went for Sorcerer after I completed one chap 4 but more importantly when I had at least 3 party members around level 51-53. You need to have a gameplan though, just going in and adapting will get you killed. I took advantage of the saving grace ability which lets you heal up to 9999 if you use it right. I had Alfyn in the party concocting items that bring you up to 9999. Be careful though, once your character surpasses their HP limit, you can't add more until their HP goes back down to what they really have, if that makes sense haha. So concocting purifying seed and essence of grape allows you to heal 9999. Double check though i'm not positive. The bosses all have 200k HP so its a fucking long battle. I couldn't believe I won one.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

Yeah the Saving Grace/Concoct strategy is the one I've read about. Sounds like a freaking grind fest lol. Kinda can't wait. I've heard the Warmaster shrine boss is absurdly hard.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I did sorcerer because I read it's the easiest. Also, using leghold is clutch as well. I have olberic as a hunter also so I have him use it.

theagentcoma likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I’m on Chapter 2s so reading about having 9999 health in mind boggling to me lol. I was excited about my 2000 health.

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lol I mean theoretically you could get the 9999 HP as well, you can learn Saving grace pretty early with your cleric.

8. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I guess I haven’t messed around with Alfyn very much yet. The concoct thing seemed complicated so I parked his ass in the tavern haha

Matt likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

Concoct can be the most broken thing in the game if utilized correctly. It really is necessary for later parts of the game.

10. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea when I found out about Alfyn's Concoct ability I just got vivid flashbacks of Rikku's Mix from FFX haha

11. theagentcoma

Just beat H'aanit's final chapter. Since she was my main, the credits rolled and I now have the ability to remove her from my party. Why would I? She's a badass.

Now I've got 6 more final chapters, the secret job shrines, and the secret final boss! This game is daunting!

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

H'aanit is my least played right now. Half way through the chapter 2s. Enjoying it all a lot.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. theagentcoma

Olberic is your main, right?

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I haven't played this game since finishing everyone's chapter one. Is it worth it to continue?

15. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I'll have to check out the reqs for this secret final boss. Finished Olberic, Alfyn, and Cyrus's quests, everyone else is on their chapter 4's. I just found out about those secret jobs which is a game changer. I nearly beat the Warmaster but couldn't pull it off, got the Archmagus so I'm feeling good about the going back for the fight.

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. Still smashing everybody. Died on my first chapter two boss once but everything else has been pretty easy since.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

If you're not feeling it after finishing all eight Chapter 1 stories, then it might not be for you. It definitely gets harder and opens up more and there's tons of stuff to do with sidequests, jobs, etc.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Did 9999 damage for the first time. Spanked another chapter 2 boss. Walked into it with half health and still beat it easily. I think I’m a bit overpowered for chapter 2.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. theagentcoma

Just finished my 7th chapter 4 story. I only have Ophelia's left. She's by far my least favorite so I saved her for last..

I also completed the Sorcerer and Starseer shrines. I'm about to go for the Runelord job next. Sitting at about 62 hours and my main is level 72. I love this game!

Vivatoto likes this.
  20. Vivatoto

I'm also on my final story which is Tressa. Getting the Sorcerer made getting all the other secret jobs a lot easier. I died for the first time in awhile last night going in cocky on a Direwolf in a side dungeon.

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

Is that the Forest of Purgation boss? That's supposed to be a tough one!

And yeah the sorcerer just blasts everything away, it's awesome.

22. Vivatoto

Yeah that sounds right.

If they have elemental weakness being able to take 3 hits without having to boost is such a game changer. Cyrus has also never left my party so his damage is next to OP. If I'm recalling correctly the Direwolf constantly blocks elemental weakness with wolves that don't have any, so that's what really screwed me up.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Just beginning chapter two for everyone. Beat Primrose's, moving on to Tressa's next, I think. Been grinding like crazy to get everyone up to spec, but haven't had much time to play lately which is a bummer. Hoping to get some more in tomorrow/this weekend, especially with DQXI on the horizon.

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I might try to finish my Chap 4's this weekend, took a couple weeks break because there are 3409534905 other games i've been playing on Switch.

theagentcoma likes this.
  25. chris

Trusted Supporter

fell off this for a few weeks, restarted with Ophelia as my main and just got to her Chapter 2 boss. Got it into the red then it wiped out my whole team in a single turn lol