Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ocean's 8 (Gary Ross, June 8, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 14, 2017.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, still in

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This looks great. 100% in.

6. Dog with a Blog

official main actual real trailer

Jason Tate and aoftbsten like this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This wasn't bad, and certainly no worse than Ocean's Twelve, but I was really hoping I'd like it more than I did. Decent summer movie I guess

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

Rihanna complimenting Anne Hathaway's ass has to be the most iconic moment

10. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

rewatched the trilogy today. gonna see this tomorrow. can’t wait.

11. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Honestly this was so good. It wasn’t what I set out to see but I’m so glad I did.
    I can’t overstate how happy it made me to watch a movie starring exclusively women. That just doesn’t happen. I actually got really emotional about it unexpectedly.

I only ever saw the first oceans 11 but I remember really liking it and being so impressed by how clever and smooth it was. This one definitely holds its own in the Oceans name imo!

ChaseTx and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  12. primavera

quite enjoyed this, yeah

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Really, really excited to see this this week. I love Ocean's 11.

This is having a stellar box office opening weekend just an fyi

joe.boy.fresh. and supernovagirl like this.
  14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

This was so much fun. Everyone in the cast killed but Anne Hathaway and seeing how much fun she was having stole the show for me.

Also: Hollywood, please cast Mindy Khaling in everything

ChaseTx and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

holy shit at every outfit Cate Blanchett wears in this, she really goes from wearing a CBGB shirt and skinny tie to wearing a leopard coat at a Subway iconic
    this looked like a really fun movie to make, every character is kind of intentionally a cypher even though I'd like to have known them all better, on the other hand it not being too exposition heavy was nice
    Helena Bonham Carter saying "I've seen you in things" to Dakota Fanning was great and a pretty great description of Dakota Fanning

16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was fun, but not very good.

Like I had a great time, but the whole thing felt very rushed. Awkwafina is a fucking treasure, Rihanna was great, Anne Hathaway is always just the best, and for once I didn't hate James Corden.

ChaseTx, Connor and BirdPerson like this.
  17. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

^^^ exactly how i felt. it was very entertaining but there was no real substance to it.

also it drives me nuts when movies have ambiguous same-sex relationships like with bullock and blanchett's characters. it's a tease to the LGBT community

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I mean would you qualify if any of the oceans movies had any “real substance” to it?

Also I couldn’t help myself
    EF4D62A5-115D-4BBD-B401-CB69D0ED02DF.jpeg

ChaseTx, Serh and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, even though this wasn't a comedy, I hate how the biggest laugh in my audience came from James Corden, in one of the only scenes where there weren't any women in it. Whatever

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

This was the least stylisticly distinct Ocean’s movie, but is at least the third best, every Ocean’s movie is good. I cautiously want more Ocean’s movies, which is rare for me with any film property.

22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Will probably check it out this week or next... No real expectations.

As of now, 11>13>12

23. primavera

12 is the best wyd

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

11 slightly better than 12 slightly better than this better than 13 better than the OG Rat Pack

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was a lot of fun. I love 11, can't remember much from 12 outside of the Julia Roberts is Julia Roberts bit. Ocean's 13 is also real solid and this one is right there with it. I feel like Logan Lucky is basically an Ocean's movie too, so between that and this coming out less than a year apart, it's safe to say I'd be happy with more of these.