Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

O'Brother Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

That was the best show of 2011, haha
    By that I mean the color spectrum tour was unreal

chhholly123 likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

No the best show of 2011 was the Thrice/O'B/LD/MM tour.

Ryan Garner, T.J. and Tyler like this.
  3. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Such an amazing tour.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

First time I ever heard of O'B. Came a little late to MM set, and was bummed. Only saw them play one song. Then the only unknown band to me comes on. The whole room was electric with sludgy riffs, and the most unique voice I've heard in a while. It was a magical night.

5. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

That sounds incredible. I've recently become a big fan of the Dear Hunter too but haven't seen them live yet. I'm jealous.

6. burnout2888

Regular Prestigious

They opened for Foxing last night, and to be honest, I think they outplayed Foxing. They just... man. They destroyed it. That video on the previous page of Ascension live does not do it justice.

7. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I think it helped that they and Foxing have a totally different thing going on, otherwise I would agree with you. Both sets were really well done, but they feel like apples and oranges for me.

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, two brilliant bands. Would love to see both in a live setting.

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Too bad both MM and LD were touring on bad material at that point

10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I am quite smitten with this record at the moment

11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Where's my deluxe package :( I want that coffeee

12. kemichels

Just stumbled across this; the last two/three minutes of this performance are ridiculous. (39:00-->). So fucking heavy. Pretty good portrayal of what to expect of them live.

KennedyBN, Tyler and RuckerPark like this.
  13. Iago

forbidden chalice.

This is really starting to grab me now. Didn't think much of this release at first, but listening to it some more while reading along to this thread, I'm starting to discover moments I brushed aside on my own. The comparisons to Beggars is quite suiting.

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Holy shit, Absence takes on a whole new life live. Easy Talk was great too.

15. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

This is kinda what happened to me with this band too. It's like I needed more context to appreciate what they were doing.

16. Gosh this band is just so fucking good live. Felt criminal that they were playing to only like 50-60 people.

17. I'd somehow avoided ever hearing this band until the most recent album, which I wasn't blown away by. But then... I saw them live. Holy shit, what a performance. Still have yet to dig into their back catalogue and give the new one another spin, but they're definitely on my list.

18. Deathco_019

Drummer

Debating if I want to see them on Philly tonight. I'll already be in Philly for classes and I'd be done by 7, which is perfect timing. Haven't seen these guys since the Triple Crown tour at the end of 2012.

However I have work at 7am tomorrow and haven't been getting much sleep lately. Also have been feeling a little under the weather.

Help me decide.

19. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Go. You're welcome.

20. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Definitely go!

21. Kristen

Regular

GO!

22. Tyler

Regular Supporter

GO

23. lol

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

I seem to be left with no other choice hahaha. Thanks everybody!

Lindsay M likes this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Deathco_019 likes this.