Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

O'Brother Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This band is just so good at sounding massive. When i listen to O'Brother i feel like the sound is extending for miles.

stnewton likes this.
  2. Sophos

Regular

They portray if amazingly live as well. I can't wait to see them open for foxing

stnewton, phaynes1 and KennedyBN like this.
  3. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Endless Light isn't grabbing me like I thought it would but I remember taking a while to get into Garden Window. Such a great live band though. They're always super loud and kill it.

4. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

A O T Y

Toner likes this.
  5. Paul Beaumont

This new album is so good. Just ordered it on vinyl even though I have no expendable money at the minute, had to be done.

6. This is really, really good. Like pretty much everyone has said, everything sounds huge, and their guitar work is awesome.

7. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

They did a really great job on the packaging for the vinyl release, it's totally worth it.

8. Paul Beaumont

That's great to know. I actually ordered Garden Window at the same time too, which made me feel even more guilty but I couldn't help myself, I should have bought that a long time ago.

9. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I feel exactly the same about Bloodlines. I listened to it once and I thought it was very forgettable. Deconstruct grabbed me a lot more and actually generated enough hype for me to check this out.

Bloodlines hits like a sledgehammer though in the context of the album. On my first listen of the album it was the moment where I started shaking my head in disbelief at how good the album is (that usually happens when I'm a few songs in and I realise I'm loving every song so far - a rarity!). The aggressive vocals are absolutely immense.

KennedyBN likes this.
  10. CMilliken

Trusted

Picked this up on vinyl on Monday from a local store and whoa is it good! I really haven't listened to these guys before but I've been listening to this non stop. I need to check out their previous work this weekend.

11. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Definitely check out Garden Window.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

Will do! Do you prefer Garden Window over their new one?

13. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Yes, but I think I'm in the minority with not loving their new album. I like it but it hasn't hit me like Garden Window did.

CMilliken likes this.
  14. T.J.

music and baseball.

Garden Window is definitely the best and hit me the hardest, but I am enjoying this release. I'm starting to think they may have peaked with Garden Window. Its that good.

CMilliken likes this.
  15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i really like this record. after not listening to their last one at all i've been listening to the new one a couple times per week. first stretch of 5 songs is awesome.

RuckerPark likes this.
  16. T.J.

music and baseball.

Yea, I only listened to the second release a handful of times. I agree with you. The first 5 songs are awesome. Especially Deconstruct and Complicated End Times. Those are probably my favorite two songs on here.

17. T.J.

music and baseball.

Anyone go see Tanner Merritt do acoustic shows with Dustin Kensrue and Andy Hull? I bought my ticket to see DK and AH in D.C. and had no idea Tanner was going to be there. He led off with a short set of 5 songs from Garden Window. It was awesome.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Listened to the album quite a number of times now and I still have to say it doesn't hit me like Garden Window. A step up from Disillusion though and not a bad listen at all! Although the outro at the end of the album annoys me - I keep expecting it to go somewhere...

Tyler and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

completely agree. first time i heard it i was super confused

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  20. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

@T.J. I was at that show as well and was not super impressed. I have seen them do full band shows and they always kill it but it just seemed like he was droning on over an acoustic guitar.

21. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Blasting Deconstruct on my break at work, this album still rips even though it's all I've been listening to for about a week

22. T.J.

music and baseball.

@chhholly123 I can see that. He admitted to not doing it before they asked him. I definitely thought he should stick to the band, but I thought it was a pleasant surprise and enjoyed it.

23. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Side A is so good.

24. CMilliken

Trusted

The outro really annoys me too. When I saw the time length of the final song before listening to it I though it was going to be a massive closer. I think that outro goes on for 4 of the 6 or so minutes of that last song. 3:30 minutes too long for me. Usually will fast forward the ending.

DejaMoi likes this.
  25. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

The outro is awesome in the context of the album I think. Just like all of a sudden lost in a black hole or something.

Toner likes this.