Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

O'Brother Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

im with Casey. Garden Window.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Black Hole is very Beggars

3. Sophos

Regular

this is a huge step up from disillusion, which i thought was great

stnewton likes this.
  4. Sophos

Regular

the death of day is a pretty good starting point imo. i mean, its where i started, but it was all they had when i got into them heh (besides that super super super early EP ive never heard)

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I still think Oh Charitable Thief is their best song.

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

Ascension really does it for me on that EP, but I really enjoy Providence and Oh Charitable Thief as well. The other two tracks never stuck with me.

KennedyBN likes this.
  7. Kennedy

Death of Day hits me so hard. Ascension has to be one of my favorite songs ever. It's what got me into this band and essentially what made me excited to listen to Garden Window when it came out.

I can't wait to give Endless Light more attention once I can listen to something besides the stream.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Death Of Day was the majority of stuff I saw when I first saw them live, that shit blew my mind

9. Kennedy Mar 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 24, 2016)
    Kennedy

Listening to Endless Light right now for third time. Im really liking this record.

I LOVE those first few seconds of "Deconstruct" where Tanner's vocal and the bass are all alone. I find that moment stuck in my head so often.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

Did you see my earlier post?

11. Kennedy

I don't think so, in this thread?

12. Sophos

Regular

providence was the first obrother song i heard (in a non live setting) and made me a fan. i wasnt too into them the first time i heard them, which was live. its rare for a band to win me over if my first exposure is seeing them live. only two bands have completely won me over on live performance alone before ever hearing their recorded material. thrice and now now.

13. Deathco_019

Drummer

I definitely agree with you. There have been very few times where I saw a band live, especially am opening band, without really listening to them before that ended up making me a fan. O'Brother was one and letlive was the other, but that was before TBB.

14. RuckerPark

Haha yeah. I think the beginning to that song was influenced by this one

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm really really into this. vocals are so much better than the last one, this record just sounds huge.

KennedyBN likes this.
  16. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Got that lossless version on my iPhone now. Finishing my first listen of the lossless, that ambient noise at the end of the album is so good.

17. RuckerPark

Tanner's voice sounds huge on this record. I think it gets better with every release they have.

18. Kennedy

Oh wow haha. thats hilarious!

19. this dang thing fuckin rules

20. phaynes1

Regular

love them excited to listen

21. Can't stop listening

KennedyBN likes this.
  22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i listened to garden window for the first time last night and i liked it a lot. lo, lay down, and machines pt i (holy thrice vibes) were my favorites. im listening to the death of day rn and im surprised at how catchy some of these songs are, ascension especially. i might even prefer this to garden window so far

stnewton and KennedyBN like this.
  23. phaynes1

Regular

providence, the great release and ascension are still three of their best songs

Sophos likes this.
  24. Love the keys on Burn

25. Sophos

Regular

I love providence

And I mean, the new record is just fucking unreal. They did it again. Huge huge huge leaps made on this thing in terms of songwriting. Tanner is one of the best vocalists in alternative rock.

stnewton and phaynes1 like this.