Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oasis Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Aug 10, 2016.

1. tacobelle

2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

guess it's on dvd/blu-ray today too

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

4. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

The part about animals is hysterical

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. EngineDown

not to keep #plugging but we talked about the documentary on the pod this week so here:

beachdude42 and mirrorsandfevers like this.
  6. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Watched Supersonic last night and it just made me fall in love with these guys all over again. I could watch Noel and Liam go at each other all day (I'd prefer if they could get along and make great music, but I can't help but laugh at some of the shit they say to/about each other). While I enjoyed all of their albums, this documentary only reinforced how amazing their first 2 were. I miss having rock stars like these guys at the top of the world.

Now I'm gonna go listen to their discography for the thousandth time (and probably some Noel and the High Flying Birds).

7. EngineDown

listen to the podcast lol

8. Paul Beaumont

I feel like there's not much said about Andy and Gem's contributions, but I feel Gem especially with stuff like Eyeball Tickler, A Bell Will Ring, Ballroom Figured and Off At The Next Exit he had some great songs in there for Oasis and Beady Eye.

Andy also had Turn Up The Sun which is one of the best gig openers I've seen too. Noel spent a lot of time talking down everyone elses songs but I feel they definitely bought a lot to the table.

9. i watched the doc a few days ago. it was pretty enjoyable. it would have probably been better if i considered myself a "fan" of the band, but i was entertained for the majority of it.

it was cool seeing the footage of their whiskey a go-go show. my old band played there once a few years ago, so i always like seeing what other bands have played that legendary venue.

10. EngineDown

andy is great. love his songwriting contributions

i hope if there's a reunion it's of that incarnation of the band

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

I constantly forget that Oasis had one of the main songwriters from Ride. Talk about talent

12. Paul Beaumont

I couldn't see it being anything but Andy and Gem. They wrote songs for the band and especially since Noel is now simply a rhythm guitarist and not lead anymore. Bonehead would be great to have back but that would mean Noel playing lead again and I doubt he would ever do that minus a couple solos like Live Forever. It took until Gem to join for the band to even start playing the actual Morning Glory intro live.

13. EngineDown

well there is the novelty of original lineup reunions but i don't think anyone's out here banging on tony mccarolls door hah

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Liam had his debut solo show last night. A lot of great Oasis cuts - Rock n Roll Star, Morning Glory, D'You Know What I Mean, Be Here Now, Live Forever, Slide Away....might be forgetting one.

Also his new material doesn't sound THAT bad, especially considering how disappointing those Beady Eye albums were.

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Cautiously optimistic on his solo stuff. Like you, those Beady Eye albums didn't do a whole lot for me, but maybe I should revisit them.

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

His first single just came up on Spotify, called "Wall of Glass." Definitely give it a listen, it's so much better than Beady Eye.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Sure didn't hate the song. There's just something about the Gallagher brother's music that connects with me.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

19. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Beady Eye wasn't bad, just really average. Liking the new song though, little bit of a new sound for him.

20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for these guys. Really love Wall of Glass.

And Noel has a solo album coming out November.

21. Jackbo487

Regular

love Wall of Glass, so different/more memorable than Beady Eye. Maybe working with Greg Kurstin will help him on this record... although it'd be hard to see it not working out, given Kurstin's resume.

22. Paul Beaumont

Seen Liam twice in Manchester and London this last week. He's firing on all cylinders at the moment. I also have to give him massive respect for playing a full set at a festival in Germany yesterday and then flying straight back to the One Love Manchester show and also doing a fantastic job for the city he clearly loves so much.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

never change

Paul Beaumont likes this.
  24. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

BornToRun and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. Paul Beaumont

Not the best quality rip but has two new songs and a fantastic version of D'You Know What I Mean?

BornToRun likes this.