Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oasis Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Aug 10, 2016.

1. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Thanks!

I think I actually prefer the Don't Go Away mustique demo. Chorus is much more natural with Noel's range whereas Liam always sounded strained on the album version

2. janexo

Regular

just listened to the podcast, was real good! as a brit, the thought of someone never having heard an oasis song outside wonderwall is so strange lol

EngineDown likes this.
  3. EngineDown

As a huge fan, I tend to agree haha. But you'd be surprised with people here

4. I know of the band. I've listened to "Wonderwall" and the album it's from a couple times, but I would never be able to say I know more songs than "Wonderwall." I love their interviews though, and the new doc looks really interesting. I want this band to click for me...

5. Paul Beaumont

I love the passion that Liam brings to every song he sings, especially in Don't Go Away. Noel too often sounds like any bloke you could see doing an open mic down the pub.

6. mirrorsandfevers

what is the vibe?

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Anyone else pick up the Be Here Now reissue? Definitely one of the best reissues I've ever purchased. So many b-sides I had never even heard of before (Flashbax and The Fame are top tunes), and the Mustique demos are solid. Its great to finally know what the songs sound like sung by Noel. There are a few where he does the songs better justice than Liam, but others (especially Stand By Me) where Liam clearly held that song.

9. EngineDown

i plan to once i get back home. the shots from the exhibit look so cool, super jealous of brits

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

The reissues of the first two records are gorgeous, well worth the $30-$40 price tag. Do hope on picking the new one up at some point

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Paul Beaumont likes this.
  12. Paul Beaumont

Love how he makes a point of saying Waitrose haha

Going to the exhibition in Manc this weekend, my whole life these last couple weeks have revolved around Oasis and that is no bad thing.

EngineDown likes this.
  13. EngineDown

so jealous

14. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

With Supersonic coming out soon I'm remembering how much I used to love them. I really wish these guys would do at least one more tour so I could see them.

15. EngineDown

last episode of the pod featured @Jacob Tender from the forums. also gonna do a special episode for next week all on the documentary Wednesday night after me and my girlfriend see it!

Jacob Tender likes this.
  16. SayHello

Regular

I love these dudes. Hope they reunite so I get a chance to see them live.

17. EngineDown

seeing supersonic tonight!

18. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Going tonight with my dad, stoked.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Me too! Really pumped for this. Especially since both viewings at my local theater sold out....excited to see so many hardcore fans together.

20. EngineDown

just brilliant, man

21. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Really wonderful movie, surprisingly emotional too. The Knebworth footage was fucking powerful.

EngineDown likes this.
  22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah there were definitely several moments where I got goosebumps. Especially the Knebworth footage at the end.
    Does this have a home video release date yet? I need to watch this again!

23. Paul Beaumont

It's out October 31st here on Blu-Ray and DVD. Already can't wait to see it again and I only saw it a couple weeks back. What a band.

EngineDown likes this.
  24. Paul Beaumont

Been speaking to a lot of people who went to see Supersonic or want to and they have all said they haven't seen Lord Don't Slow Me Down. Both the standard version and especially the commentary version are just the best. I can't recommend it enough to people who haven't got it yet.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude42 likes this.