Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oasis Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Paul Beaumont

Today marks 20 years since Oasis played their biggest shows playing to over a quarter of a million people in two days. Thought I'd start a thread as I absolutely love them and hope a few others around here do too.

manoverboard365 and BornToRun like this.
  2. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I really love these guys. They scratch such a specific itch for them and make me feel a very certain way. Almost like nostalgic for my childhood, which is strange because I didn't listen to them when I was that young. Anyhoo love their work and will be listening to them right now.

Thank you

BornToRun and Paul Beaumont like this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

First two records are classics, and Be Here Now isn't too far behind. I back this thread.

Also it's a shame "It's Better People" isn't an album track it's a top 5 song for me

Paul Beaumont likes this.
  4. Paul Beaumont

Agreed there, Be Here Now gets a tough time but the songs are just as strong on there as any they'd done before. Although I do love all their stuff.

They have so so many brilliant b-sides it's incredible.

5. Jackbo487

Regular

The Knebworth gigs were just so massive...

6. celluloid dreams

Regular

I'm mad fer it.

7. Inna Selez

Regular

I'm not Oasis fan, but HUGE respect from me.

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

"I Hope, I Think, I Know" is probably my favorite song by these guys. Can't wait for the inevitable reunion, shame the brothers don't like each other though.

9. Paul Beaumont

I do a cover of that one live usually when I do an acoustic gig. It goes down really well, such a great and not overplayed Oasis tune.

10. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Love them, SOTSOG is my fave by them

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

The new mix of D'you Know What I Mean for the Be Here Now reissue sounds so friggin' good. I really wish Noel went ahead and reworked the whole album. Buried under all that distortion is an amazing album. It's just soo loud and so many guitar tracks that at points sounds like a big wall of noise.

And I agree, I Hope I Think I Know is one of my favorites by them. Girl in the Dirty Shirt too.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. EngineDown

He's so great lol

14. EngineDown

I wanna start a pod where I discuss a song of theirs per each episode with someone who has never heard the song before because i love this band but i'm sure no one would listen

CoffeeEyes17 and manoverboard365 like this.
  15. EngineDown

Gonna actually do this, whatever fuck it

Can't wait for the documentary and the reissue, think I'm gonna get the 3xLP

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

The mustique demo for Don't Go Away is up on spotify now. Sounds so good.

EngineDown likes this.
  17. EngineDown

Yep really like Noel's vocals on it. Fits his voice much better

18. EngineDown

19. EngineDown

First episode is up:

Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated, as this is the first time I've ever hosted one. Outside of working on general hosting confidence, I already have a few more ideas on how to improve for episode two, but yeah, any and all critiques are welcome.

For now, it's just up on the libsyn page linked. Waiting on approval from iTunes/Stitcher/Google Play/TuneIn and then it should be available there and all third-party apps. Thanks guys!

mirrorsandfevers likes this.
  20. cherrywaves

Trusted

followed, not much of a podcast guy but I hope to listen this week!

EngineDown likes this.
  21. EngineDown

Thanks a bunch!

22. EngineDown

23. EngineDown

third episode with thomas as a guest is up:

24. Paul Beaumont

Really not into these Mustique demos. It's a cool way to see where the songs started out but without Liam singing on them they just don't do anything for me.

25. Paul Beaumont

Listening to this now!

EngineDown likes this.