Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nu Metal Genre • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Davjs likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

All 5 songs are great, I'll check it out.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The first song is very touching.

Davjs likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah it's probably my favorite slow song by them.

5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The Game is such a rager.

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I like Believe quite a bit actually, but aside from that and maybe The Sickness, Disturbed has kinda lost me over the years.

Davjs likes this.
  7. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

listened to l.d. 50 by mudvayne for the first time in a long time today - was pretty fun and nostalgic!

8. Davjs

Trusted

Believe is pretty good and still holds up. You should check out their latest. I fell off for awhile as well but really dug Evoultion.

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I only listened to it once but the new one seemed a little too soft for my liking. David has a great voice and the songwriting is there, but it just didn't strike a chord with me on the first listen. I'll have to give another shot though.

10. Davjs

Trusted

Never a bad time for Dig.

11. Davjs

Trusted

That's fair too lol. The softer stuff is what hit me. It was different for them and his voice excels in that style.

beachdude, Nate_Johnson and riotspray like this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe if I go in with the expectations of it being a softer record, I'll like it more. I was hoping for some bangers and may have tuned out halfway through after hearing 3-4 ballads.

Davjs likes this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I revisted the first System of a Down record last week for the first time in years, and I can't stop listening to it. What a rush of an album.

14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Not too long ago I made a 90s/00s Metal playlist heavily featuring disturbed and mudvayne. Guarded and Stricken were a couple of my favorite songs for a long time.

15. bachna84

i’ve been on a SOAD kick the past couple weeks - what a band! i had never given hypnotize much of a shot before but found a lot i liked on it when i revisited.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Hypnotize is still their weakest overall, and the only SOAD album where I dont like every song, but it does have some killer tracks on it.

The title track and Attack rule super hard. Vicinity of Obscenity is their most crazy insane song which is saying alot for this band.

beachdude, bachna84 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. bachna84

Stealing Society is one of my favorites too

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

They have been playing Aerials A LOT on XM Radio Octane. I wonder if we are getting new music. That is the platform exclusives or world premieres show up on now days.

Also, I totally missed out when SOAD and Slipknot were co headlining that huge tour.

Davjs and bachna84 like this.
  19. bachna84

I sadly don’t think we’ll hear new SOAD for a long time, if ever.

I hope I’m wrong!

I’d also be on board with a 20 year Toxicity tour in 2 years.

riotspray, beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

I never knew that was a tour, that sounds fantastic.

You're not wrong :tear:

The last time I saw them they played pretty much all of Toxicity and Mezmerize which is fine with me, their 2 best.

Nate_Johnson, bachna84 and beachdude like this.
  21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

2001: Slipknot, System of a Down, Mudvayne, Rammestein and No One. Unfortunately Mudvayne dropped from my date but that was still one of the best shows I've ever seen. This was right when Toxicity and Iowa had just dropped so both bands were huge at the time. Throw in Rammestien and "Oh, boy."

cherrywaves and bachna84 like this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldnt be mad at this at all. I'd really love a self-titled tour but know that's a pipe dream. While I love Toxicity, the rawness and intensity of that first record is unmatched.

Nate_Johnson and bachna84 like this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm a day late but Happy Anniversary

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Before they went all radio friendly:

kyle, riotspray and amorningofsleep like this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Science is so good. Pretty excited for the Make Yourself 20 year tour. I used to fuck with Incubus super hard up until Light Grenades or so.

Davjs likes this.