Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nu Metal Genre • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 19, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

going to see Bleed the Sky tonight!

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

angrycandy and bachna84 like this.
  4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

also "counterfeit" at no. 8????? that should be way higher. and maybe i'm outing myself as someone who owned significant other when they were 12 but the really great limp bizkit album tracks are "just like this" and "nobody like you"

riotspray and bachna84 like this.
  5. Wasn't aware of Clint releasing an album! I listened to the single out of curiosity, and it's crazy how much input he seems to have over Sevendust. I can totally imagine Lajon sing those melodies.

riotspray likes this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Yeah, I think him and Morgan write a lot of the songs in Sevendust.

I wish Dark New Day would put out a new record.

7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Checking it out now

riotspray likes this.
  8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Happy Valentine's Day!

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

i would non-ironically go to this

47B21E5F-14F8-4738-971D-BF207DEF1BD5.jpeg

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Excited to listen later. Roach Koach is one of my favorites now, and Animosity is probably my favorite 7D record.

12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think my only complaint about Animosity is the length (and the Aaron Lewis feature) otherwise the band is at the top of their game.

Irra and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  13. Fine, let's start with this:

Animosity
    Black Out The Sun
    Kill The Flaw? Home? Seasons?

My top 3

Time Travelers could be #1, it's like this band is made for playing acoustic. They should make another album in that vein.

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Southside Double Wide is great too. I was fortunate enough to see them play an acoustic show and it was amazing.

As far as ranking their records, Animosity, Home and Seasons are probably my top 3 (in whatever order) just because I listened to them so much back in the day. The rest of the discography is still incredible solid, especially for a band with like a dozen albums. Some of it just starts to blur together at some point though. Although Alpha also seems like a standout.

15. Irra

I agree with this.

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Listened to Seasons all the time in middle school. Had the acoustic record too lol

17. atlas

Trusted

tears are rolling down my fucking face

18. SuperCoolFool

I have to tell you something....I eat lightbulbs

you know your band is dope when you wear your own t shirts

19. Mcrx Mar 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2020)
    Mcrx

Regular

Finally checking out Take a Look In the Mirror-Korn (always loved Right Now and Did My Time...oh yes, and Y'all Want a Single. So far I'm also really digging Deep Inside and Everything I've Known)

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

21. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Late to the Sevendust convo but Home, Animosity, Southside and Seasons are a run that still hold up. Beyond that, they’re a pass for me now.

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I still enjoy them and think they're one of the most consistent bands in the genre, but agree that their best material was in the first half of their career

23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I don’t know, their most recent records are very good.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe it's just nostalgia or a change in musical taste. I like their newer material quite a bit, but I don't really return to it much. But when I put on one of their first 4-5 records, I usually wind up listening to the whole thing.

25. Honestly, the Black Out The Sun - Time Travelers And Bonfires - Kill The Flaw run rivals the Home - Animosity - Seasons one.

I could maybe do with or without the other albums, but the aforementioned recent ones are essential.