Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nu Metal Genre

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 19, 2016.

1. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

Everyone's favorite genre

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I like Breaking Benjamin but I think that's about it these days.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Feel bad that nu-metal has a negative connotation. Korn was borderline revolutionary when they first started, I think they'll be looked upon favorably for years to come. I'll say this anytime Limp Bizkit is brought up, they're unreal musicians. Fred's cornball lyrics and personality can be off putting, but Wes and the rest of them do some pretty cool stuff.

Davjs likes this.
  4. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

One of my favorite newer nu metal bands; reminds me of Alice In Chains/Nirvana + Deftones

red8ge likes this.
  5. Korn's new song is not bad. Reminds me of LIP and FTL era Korn.

6. Paul Beaumont

I still have a massive soft spot for Nu-Metal. Can still jam to Limp Bizkit, Korn, Deftones, POD, American Head Charge, Mudvayne, System of A Down, Slipknot, Papa Roach. The list goes on and on in fairness.

Davjs likes this.
  7. Davjs Jul 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2016)
    Davjs

Trusted

I have nothing more to add to what has been said. Just love it all even if it's not the best genre. Happy for bands like Papa Roach, Slipknot, KoRn who were able to overcome being labeled as just Nu Metal and are still going.

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Nonpoint

that is all

9. red8ge

Regular

beyond excited for the new MTH record

10. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I've been so hooked lately. I'm hoping we get a genre revival soon.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  11. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

You just might be in luck. From Ashes To New are a great nu-metal "revival" band. Dunno if there's a full movement but these guys are a thing and I like them quite a lot.

12. DesolateEarth

Birb

Bumping this thread to say that Ultraspank's Progress was one of the best nu metal albums of the era and it's criminal that it never got more love.

13. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Gotta throw some love to my Michigan boys, Taproot.

dilleo, beachdude, riotspray and 4 others like this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

Sevendust and POD are still favorites of mine, not sure if they fit the Nu Metal genre or not but I think that's what they were considered.

15. Davjs

Trusted

They never really blew up, but this dude has such a voice on him.

16. DesolateEarth

Birb

Denial by sevendust is a banger.

Also a banger.

Davjs likes this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

It very much is. They still putting out bangers!

You hear this recent one yet?

beachdude likes this.
  18. amorningofsleep

So I'll also add Motograter to this. I was HUGE into the whole "shock rock" scene when nu-metal was pretty big. Thought these dudes looked badass and they used a custom made instrument.

beachdude, chewbacca110 and Davjs like this.
  19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

2 years ago I won tickets to see Motograter, Flaw, and Dope. It was.... dope.

I honestly couldn't believe how many people were going crazy for Dope; a band I assumed was well past their prime but their fans were passionate.

beachdude, Davjs and amorningofsleep like this.
  20. amorningofsleep

And one last one while I'm still at work. I will fight until the day I die for the first two Mudvayne records. Getting to watch Ryan Martinie play live during the Lost and Found tour in high school was fucking mesmerizing.

21. Davjs

Trusted

Dang that would have been a cool show.

22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Will also defend LD 50 forever. One of the best metal albums released in my lifetime.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I really dig their first 3 albums. I'm not so sure what happened to their last 2....

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Taproot, Flaw and Sevendust are all time favorites.

Going to see Static X, Devildriver and Dope in a couple weeks.

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I can go deep with the early 2000s nu metal. Anyone remeber No One or Ultraspank or Dry Kill Logic or Unloco?