Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Now Years Resolutions

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Borat 2: Vengeance, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I imagine I'm not the only who has done a lot of reflecting in the last couple of days. I know that I can improve as a person, a friend and ally. I would like to have a place where people can share how they aim to improve however they deem necessary - as vague or as specific as you want. And continue to reflect as time goes on.

2. Borat 2: Vengeance

I don't take care of myself. I have really bad acne, probably because I don't wash my face twice a day. I don't shave my face often enough, when my facial hair grows in its blonde and looks really bad. Makes me feel like John Waters or something. Some days I straight up do not look into a mirror. Wear the same couple of socks for weeks. I could go on, but I need to develop better habits.

3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

My now years resolution is to make less typos.

in all seriousness I just need to get my shit together and work on myself. start exercising, cooking more, working more, and just try to stay busy.

ForestOfAllusion likes this.
  4. Borat 2: Vengeance

Thought I was being clever - like instead of new, I used now. No point in waiting til the next year starts

Jacob likes this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

man i've just been dodging all these jokes you're throwin at me today lol. it's been a long week.

6. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Been trying to get in shape all year long, failed fairly miserably. Really trying to make it a reality in 2017, by already making some drastic changes (not enough yet see: Egg Nog Thread).

dylan likes this.
  7. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I've been trying to shake off the last of my rust from a bad period in life but now I got my girl back and I got the green light for my life to both start back up as well as open the door to the life I want (with her and for myself. My Now Years Resolution is to really start cracking down on making that happen. I can't keep waiting for "The perfect moment" and mask it as me "shaking off the rust" anymore; which has been honest largely but theres no such thing as perfect, just gotta make it happen if I want it.

8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I want to actually feel like a non-smoker.

I've been doing great but I still feel crippled from it. I want to be able to actually feel normal again.

Dean and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I'd like to see progress at the gym and progress on novel #2.

10. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I should stop being a depressed bag of shit that sits in bed all day.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gonna try and manage my budget better. Ehhhh...

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Overthrow the government

iCarly Rae Jepsen, mad and dylan like this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just realized this said Now Years

iCarly Rae Jepsen and MikeyPaine like this.
  14. Borat 2: Vengeance

Keep it movin' folks! Never give up.

Also my other Now Years resolution is to continue to cut through the horse shit and deliver ever more raw insight

15. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

vaguely, make better use of my time. Stop spending so much time playing video games, watching netflix, or sitting on my couch.

specifically, medal in my division in a 5k race every month. Log 100 miles every month. volunteer once a month.

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

On days off I tend to spend sleeping in and blow through a portion of my day. I think part of the fitness regiment is trying to keep to a daily wake up time whether I have work or not.

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I want to work on being more vocal about how I feel. Whether it be asking for help, letting people know if they've upset me, or calling people out for saying/doing shitty things. I'm pretty sure I made this resolution last year too.

ChaseTx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Going to listen through two, but hopefully three full top 100 albums of the 90's lists.

19. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I have a lot of personal issues that I've been working on throughout the second half of 2k16, but I don't dare associate them with any sort of resolution, because the second I do is when I stop keeping up with them. Can't do earnest, serious NY resolutions for whatever reason.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Get a legit job and move out on my own

dylan and ChaseTx like this.
  21. kassie09

Regular

Continue to be less fat

Spend less money on dumb shit

Probably drink less