Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Now, Now Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Orla, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

were they together pre threads? i always assumed cacie was in the drivers seat in terms of writing.

2. Collins

Trusted

they were together for awhile, not exactly sure when they broke up but I thought it was shortly after threads came out or maybe before

3. mattylikesfilms Sep 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2016)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They don't "have to" but is it justifiable for me (a fan), who's been patiently waiting for almost 5 years for a follow up to one of my favorite records, to want insight as to what's happening? I would say so. I followed all their instagrams for years but now I'm just like "eh we will see".

I'm also worried they're going to go heavy on electronics but I would be so bummed if that's the case. Hoping they release a new single before the year ends.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I figured that but if it's the case, I would assume they would resolve it or end it. I'm not trying to order what the band should do but they are definitely hurting their careers severely. "Threads" was a spark they didn't capitalize on.

5. bedwettingcosmo

i would dig a electronic heavy now now album so fuckin hard

jkauf, sophos34, Cameron and 5 others like this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

bands take variable times to do things: this was the pace they needed. They owe fans nothing

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I was at the Threads release show. triple Rock in 2012. Great show. Prissy Clerks (RIP best local band ever) and Lonely Forest opened. Goddamn. Great show.

8. bedwettingcosmo

holy shit. prissy clerks. damn its been a minute.

Cody likes this.
  9. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Imagine thinking a band owes you an explanation of where they've been/what they've been doing lol

sophos34, flask, Nick and 3 others like this.
  10. cwhit

I barely owe my mother an explanation of the same things

TheWater(s) likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Again, point me to where I said they owe me anything please?

If you go on their social media, a majority of their fans for years now been asking what's up for now almost 5 years. Cacie mentioned writers block back in 2014 I believe but now it's about to be 2017. As a fan, I'm simply curious of wondering what's happening. I'm sure you guys are too or at least asking if this thing is ever going to come out.

See.

12. cwhit

and they have every right to never have a record come out
    we move on

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I don't understand what you're getting at. You're acting like I said "This band owes me a new record! It better come out soon or I'll hate them!". No buddy. I'm fully aware that this band doesn't owe anyone shit at the end of the day. Are they hurting their own future more and mor every year as they fade into obscurity? Yes. If they ever come back, they're going to probably have to start all over again since they're not as cult/huge as Brand New. They're a small indie band that was on the rise and then lost steam. They have a dedicated fan base but it's not enough to play headliner shows through out the country. They will have to re-introduce themselves for at least the first year, id imagine.

Anyways, back to my point- don't know why anyone would assume my point was coming off entitled. I just showed you that you too are wondering if the record is coming out and you probably been frustrated in some capacity too.

Unless you posted "this record is never coming out" with a smile on your face? Maybe?

14. cwhit

i am not frustrated at all, the band owes me nothing. i have 5092351092 other bands i listen to and if one (which has already put out my favorite record of all time) doesn't put out anything else ever again my life is not changed one bit

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

lol ok buddy.

One last time: point me to where I said they owe me something. I said "I wish" which just like they have a right to not say shit- I got a right to say "oh I wish they would say what's happening". Not a demand. Also you must have posted "this record is never coming out" because you're happy about it then. My bad.

Anyways, maybe next year something will be announced.

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Is the use of the word buddy meant to be belittling? Genuinely curious.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nope. We're all fans here. Do I think that user is being silly over me simply wondering when (and if) an album will come out? Yeah totally. It's also hypocritical since he literally commented about it earlier in the thread.

Anyways, maybe a Sombear record will come out soon. Loved the debut.

18. cwhit

I commented joking around saying it'll never come out. If it came out or not my life would not change any differently
    Good day, buddy

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Still silly of you to argue with me over wishing an update from the band :-)

Good day, guy

20. Iago

forbidden chalice.

They still might have writer's block. Maybe not in the traditional sense, but in the "this isn't Now Now" block and we have to accept that it might never be cured. If it's not what they want or imagine a follow up to be, they might need to find outlets elsewhere, sort of like how Jess is doing Tancred.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Out of the Garden is so damn good. Definitely making my AOTY list.

Iago likes this.
  22. Cody

Heartbreaking split. They would've made it.

23. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Same here buddy

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Going to have to check this band out.

25. Cody

mattylikesfilms likes this.