Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Now, Now Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Orla, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Orla Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2021)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Now, Now is an indie-pop duo consisting of K.C. Dalager and Brad Hale, based in Minneapolis. They are most widely known for their sophomore album Threads and its follow-up Saved, both released via Trans- Records.

Apart from the band, Brad is known under his producer/ singer moniker Sombear, while Jess Abbott (guitarist & backing vocalist from 2009-2017) currently fronts the L.A. rock trio Tancred.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i was going to make this but i forgot
    i think threads is my favorite record ever

3. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Obviously one of my favorite bands. Huge fan of Sombear and Tancred as well. B-)

Hopefully we end up hearing something sooner rather than later.

Essie likes this.
  4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Seeing the most recent post in the Now, Now thread is Threads makes me almost not want to post

Threads likes this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

New album this year, right?

6. Orla

Fingers crossed; they've been recording.

7. Whatjuliansaid

Feels like forever since they started studio production

8. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I love Threads. patiently waiting for the follow up...

9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this thread will be essential.

10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I can't wait for new music from them.

11. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Ugh, I miss them so much. I think the next album will be pretty different but I trust them.

12. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Now, Now opening for Circa Survive and Minus the Bear was an absolute dream. I'd love to see them again.

13. Whatjuliansaid

By the time circa tours again the new now,now album will likely be out. I'd love that. I haven't seen now, now since they were nnec haha

14. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I've wanted to see them headline a show for so long but I'm not sure how likely that will be outside of MN shows when they come back. I'm sure the long break did a number on their momentum or whatever.

15. phaynes1

Regular

Nice, nice

Essie likes this.
  16. cwhit

That festival here was a perfect lineup

17. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I've only seen them once with Kev Dev and it ruled, Foxing opened as well

18. Collins

Trusted

I really hope they do a full run. They were probably a top five show experience for me.

I think they will though, they've definitely lost some momentum but I feel like they will gain a lot of it back if the next record is anywhere near the quality of Threads.

19. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I think they still have alot of fans patiently waiting

collin512 likes this.
  20. cwhit

oh yeah, the hype is totally real for them. they're so much bigger than before threads

21. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

Saw them open for Kevin Devine in San Diego a couple years ago. Jess got stuck in LA because of the LAX shooting incident, so Cacie and Bradley had to perform by themselves and handle Jess's part too (with a little help from a recorded tracks but not much). They absolutely killed it, you could tell at first they were a little nervous how it would turn out but once they got the hang of it they were flawless. Then after the show I bought Threads and Cacie signed it. Such a great performance/night in general.

22. Orla

I remember Jess not being able to make it to that date, but had no idea it was related to a shooting. Damn.

23. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

jeez, this is taking FOREVER

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  24. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

It's looking like they may have hit a wall trying to get this thing done. Cacie tweeted about writing songs and Brad was practicing to play Sombear stuff, idk if it's a tour or what though.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  25. cwhit

this record is never coming out