Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Now, Now - Saved (May 18, 2018) Album • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 1, 2018.

1. I think Yours is still in my top three tbh, I'm always excited when it comes on even though i've heard it a bazillion times now.

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I only listened to SGL before the release and only a couple times so all these are still fresh. Yours is great

3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

give this song a shot if you like Now, Now

Zac Djamoos and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

holy shit hahaha i almost thought about posting this in here yesterday but didn't want to distract

it's actually funny, since her music career almost takes a similar trajectory to now now as well

Matt Chylak likes this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

loving this record so much, great example of how being more pop centered does not equal being happier...

this record at times sort of sounds like the direction I thought the next Copeland album would go in.

jordalsh likes this.
  6. navidson

Regular

Didn't listen to any of the singles in the build up to this - Just wanted to hear everything all at once

Not as mad on this as most of you appear to be, but it's a fine album. Standouts for me are Window, MJ and Saved

Not really a fan of SGL (which I realise i'm massively in the minority of) or AZ

teebs41 likes this.
  7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

think this is going to blow up. its so much better than i thought it'd be.

Signifire likes this.
  8. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Also really hoping this blows up. I wish the delay between SGL and the album wasn't so long, as there felt like a real buzz, but hoping that picks back up again. Such a solid album that it will of course do well, but I want it to be next-level shit.

Mary V likes this.
  9. Chax

My definite faves are MJ and Knowme.

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I love how they make albums. Like, albums. In a world of singles, it seems like they spent a lot of time crafting both Threads and Saved into full listening experiences. Through lyrical and musical motifs and callbacks throughout the whole album.

Not necessarily concept albums, but just thinking of the whole thing in context rather than just a group of songs.

Not only that, but making it a journey. I love MJ and Arizona for completely different reasons than Window and Saved. SGL to POWDER feels like I really got somewhere.

They did such a damn good job with this. Absolutely love it.

11. Iago

forbidden chalice.

this album takes you to a world of its own

12. Finally ordered the Vinyl after seeing Jason's IG post.

Unfortunately to get it over to Australia it says the shipping time is 6-12 weeks haha

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Matt Chylak

"Set It Free" should be the next single. But also "SGL" should get picked up by a major for a push to radio.

14. cwhit

i mean, that song has been out on a major label for over a year now

15. Matt Chylak

Trans? No, I'm talking about a label with an actual radio team. Trans couldn't even get the pre-order up when the buzz was peaking.

16. cwhit

they're still a label that's under the umbrella of a major. i still doubt trans is even a thing really, it's just under that name due to contractual things and given to some other team in there

major labels have tons of history of ignoring artists. now now has been pushed on some big festivals and tours that would only have happened if not for the major label help.

17. Matt Chylak

What major? I can't find any information on that, but I may be mistaken.

To be clear, I don't really have a problem with Trans as a label; looking at their website roster I'm familiar with 5 of their 8 releases and really like 4 of those! I'm sure they've helped Now Now on the live side, which from a $$ standpoint is super important. But while I'm very excited to see the band in Philly this summer, I can't help but wish their fanbase was large enough that tickets weren't still available at Johnny Brenda's. If you want to ignore my point about resourcing for radio to broaden the band's fanbase, that's cool. Life's about tradeoffs and I'm happy to have this album.

18. cwhit

https://www.thestranger.com/lineout...forest-sign-to-chris-wallas-new-imprint-label

it's part of atlantic

19. Matt Chylak

20. cwhit

21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

The whole album should be the next single

ramres likes this.
  22. "now it's time for the hot new single, 'All 45 Minutes of the Now, Now Album'"

ramres, Signifire and theagentcoma like this.
  23. I wouldn’t be mad

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i would say there's still a huge difference between being signed to a major and being signed to the imprint of a major, especially an imprint that is all but inactive outside of this band.

25. Matt Chylak

Yeah, because nothing in the music industry changes in 9 years. :-/

Whatever not worth it.

sophos34 likes this.