Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Now, Now – “SGL”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. MrAirplane

Trusted

sounds super different. kc looks very different. and no more jess. observations

3. and so it begins!!!

4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

THEY'RE BACK, BABY!!

5. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Wow, very surprised both that Jess is gone and that this is the first we're hearing of it. Definitely going to miss her, but the song is A+.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

radradradarad, super excited that they're back. Will hopefully snag tickets to a show on their summer tour tomorrow.

7. Chris Lei

8. bennjeff

Regular

I always felt like it was implied that Jess was done with Now, Now. Always the vibe I got once they went silent and she put out Tancred records. Wonder how it will affect the band

coleslawed likes this.
  9. josh.hofer

Dang, echoing everyone's surprise/sadness that Jess isn't in the band anymore :(

I do love Tancred, but Now, Now without the three of them isn't doing much for me. At least not right now, still looking forward to their LP though!

Their set on Audiotree is still one of my favorite sessions Audiotree has ever done!

Merve and mattylikesfilms like this.
  10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I mean, this is really the first concrete thing we've heard from the band about anything in a few years.

11. they started as a two piece band, and now are back as a two piece band. not a big deal folks

12. Merve

Pennycan Champion

I'm sad that Jess is no longer with the band. On the bright side, this is a fantastic track. It's like Codes and Keys-era Death Cab, but better.

alex miller and mattylikesfilms like this.
  13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I miss Jess but I like this song

14. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This is terrific.

I love Now, Now but I have never read much about them, so I honestly can't place Jess. What song on Threads does she have the biggest influence?

alex miller and mattylikesfilms like this.
  15. grimis16

Regular

Too poppy

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would say Prehistoric, Lucie Too, and Oh.Hi which are my favorite songs of theirs so it's a bummer but I do dig SGL. It's a grower.

alex miller likes this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

This is the best thing they've done. I'm liking the happier direction. I'll listen to Threads in the Fall. haha

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Jess will be missed, kinda felt that coming but she kept saying that she is still in the band ehh. The song is great, though not nearly as good as I'd expect seeing as I probably would recognize them only from the second part maybe, but I'll take it ;D can't wait for more.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The song is a grower. I wasn't impressed at first but now I love it. Plus the Tancred b-side Jess released yesterday on Fader is awesome! It's called "Birthday Candles".

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

yeah, it grew on me a bit, though it's still a pop song, I don't feel as connected to it as I'd really like to. Hopefully I'll love the album or whatever comes out. ps. And I like that Tancred b-side more than some songs on the actual album!

mattylikesfilms likes this.