Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nothing But Thieves

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by earthlight, Mar 30, 2018.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Nothing But Thieves are an English alternative rock band, formed in 2012 in Southland-on-Sea, Essex. They consist of lead vocalist and guitarist Conor Mason, guitarist Joe Langridge-Brown, guitarist and keyboardist Dominic Craik, bassist Philip Blake, and drummer James Price. They are currently signed to RCA records.

I have seen them on tour twice in the USA and have been blown away both times. I have not yet heard a voice similar to Conor Masons in terms of vocal range and ability. To anyone that has the chance to see them live, I highly recommend it.

I love their music in general - their last two albums were solid. But I am most interested in where they go from here. This band has the potential to be huge, but i’m not exactly certain of which direction they will head in musically. Their last two albums have done very well with singles reaching Alternative radio, being featured on commercials and video games, etc.

Also can’t believe there wasn’t a thread yet. Let’s kick it off with the live performance that gives me goosebumps 2 seconds in - the first clip I ever heard from these guys. Fill your ears with this emotion and talent. Enjoy:

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Love these guys. Glad there’s a thread now, didn’t realize there wasn’t one!

earthlight likes this.
  3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

New EP - What Did You Think When You Made Me This Way - out today.

It absolutely rips. "Gods" in particular is so good.

beachdude likes this.
  4. beachdude

You Know Me Too Well is one of their best songs. The whole EP is fantastic.

5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Apparently a message out to fans on a mailing list that the band plans to “go quiet for most of next year”

So that sucks

6. beachdude

Tbh I’m not surprised, they deserve a break after the relentless touring/release cycle they’ve been on.

7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Agreed with that. I also thought that “Broken Machine” was a bit of a stepping stone album from them. It didn’t feel like they fully explored their capabilities despite experimenting a bit with their sound. I expect bigger things with their next record

8. beachdude

I can see this. I probably prefer it to the debut at this point, but I think the next one should be even better.

9. balloon.pilot

Regular

Just kind of discovered this band. Heard "Trip Switch" on the radio years ago and liked them, but never really explored more of their stuff.
    Wow...they are incredible!

10. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Really no one posted here since 2019?! Either not enough people are listening this band or they are talking about it in a different thread.

Okay I only discovered them last week but man I am blown away by this band. They are absolutely amazing and they will have a new record coming out on October 23rd called “Moral Panic”. Here is the latest single, Unperson:

11. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

they're not talked about much on here because of allegations against the band and the disgusting way they responded to those allegations.

Crisp X, Carrow and stars143 like this.
  12. stars143

Trusted

13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Not into this newest track. Curious to see where this record goes

14. Absolutely fucking incredible that a band who did this would name an album Moral Panic. Fuck their album. Fuck off into the sun.

15. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Well i was not aware of this, fuck.

16. balloon.pilot

Regular

wow, didn't know this either. that sucks