Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nothing But Thieves - Broken Machine (September 8th, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by earthlight, Aug 30, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The self-titled and Broken Machines are still such killer albums.

Did more ever come out regarding the abuse allegations? I'll admit I kind of forgot, I haven't heard more about it since the cancellation of that one show.

2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

They denied it from from the get go and said they would pursue legal action against the accuser. Hadn't heard anything since.

But yeah...Broken Machines is an awesome album. I've been really into it lately.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about!! Easily one of their best songs

5. RoKKeR

The Fly

Umm, where did this come from??

These guys can do no wrong.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. RoKKeR

The Fly

Well damn I guess they’re dropping an EP in October. I’ll take it. So pumped to see them again in October. Probably my favorite active band not named U2 right now.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Not my favorite of theirs but man, this band rules. Can’t believe they haven’t gotten huge in the US yet

8. So good, I want them to become the next Muse in terms of international success. I'm already curious to see how they will change it up on the EP, and then on the following album.

beachdude42 and RoKKeR like this.
  9. When I see the reception they have there, I hope the US catches on:

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. RoKKeR

The Fly

“On Now: Nothing But Thieves
    Up Next: Wolf Alice”

Of fuck me, why can’t I live in the UK! The two best up and coming rock bands in the world right now IMO. What a lineup.

11. azzy01

Regular

Ok so just discovered these guys through the single released today and I've been literally spinning Broken Machine for the past couple hours non stop. Can't believe I slept on this band for so long. Amazing vocals, strong songwriting and solid musicanship .

12. I hadn't listened to Broken Machine since its release, and this is when I put it on again that I realized I prefered it to the debut. The more aggressive they get, the better.

beachdude and RoKKeR like this.
  13. earthlight Aug 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2018)
    earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Awesome!!! Now go listen to the live version of If I Get High Live Session and then come back into the thread

14. beachdude

"Forever & Ever More" reminds me so much of Queens of the Stone Age in the best possible way. So stoked for this EP... also, the music video that just came out is a trip haha

RoKKeR likes this.
  15. RoKKeR

The Fly

Just bought my ticket to see them this week, so stoked. Actually will be my third time seeing them.

beachdude likes this.
  16. beachdude

The new EP leaked, and it’s incredible. Four of their best songs imo... this band can do no wrong.

RoKKeR likes this.
  17. RoKKeR

The Fly

A fantastic addition to the catalogue, this band is unstoppable right now. Wild to me that they don’t have more traction on this forum.

Also their live show the other week was incredible, sounded better and all of the new songs not only sounded great but maybe got bigger audience reactions across the board than the old tunes, which has got to be so great for the band.

Sounds like they’ve got a well deserved break coming up after this year wraps up.

beachdude likes this.
  18. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

19. And this is the band's bullshit, handwaving, spineless response to the above. Absolute fucking scum.

20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Jesus.