Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nothing But Thieves - Broken Machine (September 8th, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by earthlight, Aug 30, 2017.

1. earthlight Aug 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 30, 2017)
    earthlight

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    Broken Machine
    September 8th, 2017
    RCA Records

1) I Was Just a Kid
    2) Amsterdam
    3) Sorry
    4) Broken Machine
    5) Live Like Animals
    6) Soda
    7) I'm Not Made By Design
    8) Particles
    9) Get Better
    10) Hell, Yeah
    11) Afterlife
    12) Reset Me
    13) Number 13
    14) Sorry (Acoustic)
    15) Particles (Piano Version)

2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

3. Theemoflamingo

Regular

This band is very good, super stoked for this album and to hopefully catch them in october

earthlight likes this.
  4. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Mind was blown that there was no band or album thread yet. Conor Mason has one of the best voices in alternative rock right now. This album specifically should be huge for them.

There's one more single (Im Not Made By Design) but I can't find the official video for it.

5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Live version of the third single, I'm Not Made By Design. Conor's vocals are mind-blowing.

6. lina555

Regular

Oh it will be soon! Yees

earthlight likes this.
  7. Half way through the album right now. Very good so far. Conor really shines

8. Afterlife is my new favourite song of theirs

9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this album rules

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

So much music in the last few days so I'm just getting around to this, but holy hell it's so good. I already think it may be better than their debut, which I love.

earthlight and RoKKeR like this.
  11. RoKKeR Sep 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2017)
    RoKKeR

The Fly

This album is incredible. I can't believe this band doesn't get more run on the forum - they might be my current favorite band that's not named U2. Song structure feels much more mature on this one, and Conor's voice is just unreal.

I really, really like Particles.

Reset Me is amazing as well.

earthlight and beachdude42 like this.
  12. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Yeah I'm gutted this doesn't get more traction here. Honestly a bit disappointed with their debut at the time (first heard them years before when they were just starting), but this is a huge step up. Especially appreciate the more rock-oriented shift in a lot of the songs - I Was Just A Kid is one hell of an opener.

Seen a lot of people line NBT up as the sort of successor to Muse-type bands, and think this is better than anything Muse have done post Absolution, so hyped to see where the band goes in the future.

earthlight, RoKKeR and beachdude42 like this.
  13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Man this album surprised the crap out of me. For whatever reason I wasn't digging the singles much, so I wasn't too excited going into this. Thank goodness I heard the album yesterday and was blown away. Their debut it great, but this is definitely a step up. Much props!

earthlight, RoKKeR and beachdude42 like this.
  14. RoKKeR

The Fly

Haven't been this obsessed with an album in a good while. The two singles are great, but I Was Just a Kid, I'm Not Made by Design, Particles, Afterlife, and Reset Me are all just incredible. Number 13 sounds like this weird mix between a White Stripes song and NBT's Muse-influenced sound, which is just so sweet.

I want these guys to be huge so badly. If anybody can pick up the torch from Muse it's them.

Afterlife wouldn't sound out of place on Origin of Symmetry.

earthlight and beachdude42 like this.
  15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The Piano version of Particles is absolutely mind bogglingly good

beachdude42 and Gooddayz like this.
  16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I cannot believe this band doesn't get more recognition but I selfishly hope they don't "blow up".

17. Gooddayz

always and forever

I thought at first Number 13 was the closer for the album and was so confused. Also I'm surprised Reset Me is just a bonus track it's sooo good.

earthlight likes this.
  18. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Haven't been able to stop listening to Afterlife, for some reason getting some hardcore Radiohead Exit Music vibes from it, which is one hell of a compliment. Knowing it's the closer has also made it better for me too, even though Reset Me is probably better than some of the weaker tracks on this and shouldn't be a bonus track.

19. RoKKeR

The Fly

So, yeah.

This album is still really fucking good.

Only thing I would change is sub out Get Better with Reset Me on the normal running order.

So impressed with these guys building such a cohesive and well thought out sophomore album. Really hope they stop by my city again on their next tour.

Gooddayz and beachdude42 like this.
  20. Gooddayz

always and forever

I think I first heard about these guys when they opened for MuteMath last year. Such a good show

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Damn, that would be an amazing show. Two incredible bands.

22. They're supporting Muse in Melbourne and Sydney in December! Can't wait to hear the new songs live

23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Saw these guys last night in Philly. Holy crap, what a show. Conor Mason is an absolute monster behind the mic. I was absolutely blown away.

Gooddayz and beachdude42 like this.
  24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The new songs are awesome, particularly Particles which is unreal.

Mary V likes this.
  25. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious